When the Camellia Blooms: Season 1 Reviews

• Sep 23, 2019

So far (currently, only 2 eps aired), so good - the pace of the storyline seems pretty good. I like that episode 1 hints at what the main plot of the drama is and the ending of episode 2 pushes it along. Although, it makes me a little nervous that the episodes in the middle may be a little draggy (16 episodes total on Netflix) since they're already giving big hints and clues as to what's going to happen (I feel this tends to happen when the beginning episodes gives major plot points away). I know some mentioned they didn't like the time jumps, but I personally enjoyed it and felt it was really well laid out. Overall, I'm still super excited to see the character and storyline build-up. Big things I want to mention: 1) The OST - I really love! 2) Episode 1 opening and ending scenes were a really big WOW - Kang Ha-Neul did an amazing job! Let's just say...suspenseful AND EXTREMELY heart-wrenching... 3) Romantic comedy thriller genre - YES! YES! YES! Both of the leads are great! I am rewatching both eps again, mostly for Kang Ha-Neul cause his character was just really sweet and goofy. Gong Hyo-Jin's story makes me feel really sad so Ha Neul's character does a really good job at lightening the mood. Can't wait to see what happens next! If they keep the storyline moving at this good pace and the romance building between the two leads, I think this drama will do really well!