White Dragon: Season 1 Reviews

• May 07, 2019

Each character hid a secret that slowly revealed itself as each episode progressed. It was a slow start but as it moved forward you become invested in solving this mystery along with the main characters.

• Apr 28, 2019

I usually don't post reviews. John Simm rocks the roll, but the rest of it just left me guessing. I watched this at first thinking it was something else. But while watching I was left guessing what exactly I picked to watch. There was no hook, no characters besides the main character that was memorable at all. The scenery was cool! Umm, but yea, it really fell flat for me.

• Feb 27, 2019

I consider series like White Dragon to be a â??conceitâ?? project of the production company that made it. The producers and writers, subject the viewers of their product, to rambling, stretched out drama narratives. That make the series unnecessarily long, boring and frustrating to their audiences. If I wanted to view a travelogue, containing the interesting sights of Hong Kong. I would seek out the Hong Kong Department of Commerce, or a documentary on the subject. While the acting in this series is professional, thatâ??s about the only positive thing that I can say about it. Lastly, it really annoys me, the number of TV series and films. That have as part of their plots, a young female character, that is either troubled, an idealistic activist, naïve, stubborn and/or willful. All with the purpose of heightening the drama in the plot. In the age of movements like #Me too, I think more women should reject such caricatures of females.

• Feb 20, 2019

While I am in the minority of reviewers, my family really enjoyed this drama. John Simm is always fantastic and his performance outclassed the rest of the cast. The show kept us engaged, it was well paced and though sad in many respects it came to a satisfying conclusion.

• Feb 18, 2019

Interesting plot, culturally realistic enough but sometimes slow

Interesting plot, culturally realistic enough but sometimes slow

• Feb 17, 2019

i LOVED it! Yes, Hong Kong played a big part, but the acting and character development was very satisfying.

• Feb 16, 2019

Painfully horrible acting and script. Cliche after cliche, White Dragon drags on and on. The casting director must have insisted on hiring amateurs only.

• Feb 16, 2019

Not enough story or character for 8 episodes. Lots of filler that makes otherwise good acting annoying.