Wu Assassins: Season 1 Reviews

• 44m ago

It is a really edge off your typical ninja style series and I am indeed really eager for the next season. You will love the series but it does have a slow start like all the other good ones

• 5h ago

The show starts off with great potential but becomes bogged down with too many talking heads scenes and loses its energy. Slowly but surely it begins to ramp back up for the final episodes. Although the finale was a bit of WTH anti climactic, it is a decent enough show for rainy afternoons. Hopefully they can get better writers/directors for the second season if there is one.

• 17h ago

The show is great. Most of the actors range from great to fantastic. The story is good and the martial arts is fanstic. There is more to the story than just an epic fight quest. It takes a hard look at families...the ones we are born into...the ones we find along the way...and the ones that find us. Some people seem to feel that the story has holes. I can see where theybare coming from, but every story has holes until it is complete. This story was not built to be told in one season. I truly hope we get to see the rest of it.

• 17h ago

Within the first episode, every fight sequence was worthy of legacy kung fu movies from the 80's. I had to suspend my disbelief to get through the dialogue alone. I can respect a coherent plot that has its core conflict rooted in the real world, but the people who feel that conflict would have been dead 5 days ago. All of them. The rest of this is complete fantasy, and if it was a Marvel world I'd go along with it. It's not supposed to be fantasy, so I am extremely critical of this series. Quite frankly it is terrible. The saving grace is the production value when trying to push their (horrible) core content which is mostly fight sequences. And they're just terrible sequences...My review is better than their choreography. This is the first time I've made any type of review. That's how bad this was. It drove me to deliver a review. The character development is dry and easily ignored. It does nothing to the major theme...ever...This is lazy, terrible writing that should be publicly shamed so it doesnt happen again.

• 22h ago

Excited in was in my hometown; the story line was great and the ACTION was off the hinges! I binged watched the entire season in 1 day and can't wait for SEASON 2!

• 22h ago

A lot of action over a confused story

A lot of action over a confused story

• 2d ago

Cheesy storylines, dialogue, persistent intense facial expressions, slightly low-budget effects. However, I have deep respect on the integrity, grit, and authenticity of Iko Uwais who is thankfully the star of the show. Respect to all the other actors as well who are able to do their own fights scenes with their extensive martial arts background. This is all about the fights and not much of the drama but I'm hooked especially upon some revelations on the second half of the season! Cheesy music and dialogue at times but the overall feel will make this your next guilty pleasure.

• 2d ago

This show was just such a fun, exciting, and fantastic Journey. The cast were all perfectly cast, and delightfully entertaining. My biggest, and by far most pleasant take-away from the show is the emphasis it places on family. From Kai's resentment towards Uncle Six, and Uncle Six's sacrifices, McCullough's desire for family, to Zan's dedication to her Triad Family, it's a theme that is beautifully and discretely underscored amongst all the action. Kudos for all the actors performances and the representation, both that are so great to see. Another applause for the people behind the show as well, as it was a great synergy. Netflix needs to green light season two so we can see more fun! Mahalo

• 2d ago

It's the only show I have rewatched three times and still feel like it's not enough and falls deeper in love with the characters! It's a great legacy for Asians and this show is proof that minorities are slowly breaking the invisible wall!

• 2d ago

Its worth to watch, everything looks so real. The structures of the theme is just to extravagant.