Spider-Man: Far From Home
The Lion King
Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Sign up here
and the Terms and Policies,
and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango.
Already have an account? Log in here
Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password.
No user info supplied.
I wanted to like it but it this film was just appalling, in fact it was utter drivel. 98% of the Rotten Tomatoes critics were obviously under the influence if they liked this film. I applaud the other 2%. In fact I'd say this film was exactly the same as the 1995 flop Waterworld except this time they switched from the sea to the desert. Waterworld was actually a far better film compared to this tripe. Anybody who fancies the film I can sum it up in one line "nutters drive from one place kill each other along the way and do the same when they drive back". Virtually no dialogue, no character development....nothing. Crap!!!!
Reeves will never win any oscars for his acting, however, he does seem to pick roles which fit with his skillset. John Wick is one of these roles he is perfect for i.e. the lone assassin who doesn't say very much. This is your standard revenge, action film that plays out like a video game in parts. Loads of gun fu and bad guys getting slaughtered within the context of a criminal world which sets its own code of rules. A good, slick and fun film for a popcorn night.
When I watched this film I immediately thought that 12 Monkeys had pinched the idea from this film. Low and behold it was the inspiration for 12 Monkeys according to the review of this film. The film plays out as a narration of still black and white photographs and was way ahead of its time back in 1962. Not a film for everybody but a film which everyone should watch.
Caught this late night on Film 4 and what a gem of a movie. A cross between semiotic analysis and paranoia. The most interesting piece of analysis for me was the theory that it was Kubrick who was the architect of the (supposed)faked moon landings. I take it on board that it may just be about the human brain making patterns where there are none. However, to simply rule out these patterns of analysis as paranoia seems foolish. Film has long been a vehicle for subversive influence and hidden meaning. Watch the film and make up your own mind. There is also some amazing imagery to behold when The Shining is played in reverse and overlayed on top of the film played in a normal linear fashion. A definite for the collection.
Wasn't a huge fan of the 1st reboot of this franchise but lets face it, its a world apart from the Tim Burton disaster. "Dawn" picks up from where we left off and this film is gripping from start to finish. I especially loved the musical score which resembles the score from the very first Planet of the Apes movie. Can't wait for "Rise".