Tim Woods's Profile - Rotten Tomatoes

Want-to-See Movies

Want-to-See TV

This user has no Want to See TV selections yet.

Rating History

Frozen
Frozen (2010)
6 days ago via Rotten Tomatoes

I actually liked this. Though it was weak and lacking, it had good character development/interaction. It focused on realism of the characters, making it a tense thriller. Unfortunately there were several major and minor plot holes and the main villain was an unrealistic pack of wolves. Pretty lame.Actually the movie concept was good, just not executed great. This would have made for a much better 30 min short film. 6.5/10

Reservoir Dogs
6 days ago via Rotten Tomatoes
½

A great dialogue driven low budget and pretty simple movie. It could have been a theatre performance. The pacing was quick and and characters were quickly and efficiently presented, plus the acting was quite well done. I also had no idea where things were going to turn...this is a positive considering the amount of cliches and predictability Hollywood shites out. 7.5/10

Wreck-it Ralph
6 days ago via Rotten Tomatoes

Actually kind of good and cute. It had a lot of little and subtle references and gags that I liked. It was cliche and pretty well by-the-books, but I enjoyed the adventure that was the movie. Course I did not like the manufactured drama that progressed the tiring part of the plot. Solid 6.8/10

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
13 days ago via Rotten Tomatoes
½

Zack Snyder is a hack. This was a controversy: everyone loved it or hated it. And yet, they were both right. The 20% it gets right, it gets very right. It's great, with new ideas, gritty emotion, and a pretty good new Batman. The other 80% though is loud pretentious stupid cliche crap, or laughably bad, as well as contradictory. Plus a big dumb ending. 4.5/10

Dunkirk
Dunkirk (2017)
18 days ago via Rotten Tomatoes

A great war movie, but don't expect some loud and over-the top bloodbath war film. It's different than your Saving Private Ryan or Full Metal Jacket type movies. But not worse, just different. Nolan did a great job. He put the audience right in the action seeing, nay, feeling the fear and dread the soldiers must have felt. The soundtrack was a perfect emphasizer of that fear and looming dread of what could happen any moment. The sound effects were crisp and perfect for in the cinema. The acting was pretty spot on too.