cj's Review of The Secret of NIMH
The Secret of NIMH(1982)
Unlike most directors' first films, Don Bluth's first film was A good debut. The Secret of NIMH was not what I expected at all. It's not comparable to the book,but it still has flair.
1. It had a great story with plenty of that Don Bluth-style emotion between Mrs. Brisby and her sick son.
2. The movie had fascinating animation with bright and vivid neon lighting I didn't even think was possible for 1982.
3. Good character development.
4. NO singing!
5. The voice acting was better for me the second time I watched it.
6. Dom DeLuise did a good voice job as Jeremy. Why isn't he in more Don Bluth films? Did the two stop being friends?
7. Again, better than the book.
1. A couple of scenes with a very little amount of blood.
2. The ending was a little hokey.
3. One "d---" in the movie.
Though the movie was rated G, it would be PG by today's standards.
The movie didn't get much money though, because in 1982 most people went to see E. T. But that doesn't mean The Secret of NIMH isn't worth seeing. Get it for your second-graders. They'll love it, and you will too.