Once Upon a Time In Hollywood
Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Sign up here
and the Terms and Policies,
and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango.
Already have an account? Log in here
Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password.
No user info supplied.
Green Room is a brutal, intense thriller and is arguably one of A24's best films. It follows a small-time metal band as they land a gig at a bar and travel there to perform. Little did they know it's a Neo-Nazi bar, and when they walk in on a murder scene things turn hostile. The main characters truly feel trapped and at times it seems like there's no way any of them will survive. The action is brutal and intense, but it isn't an over-dramatized gore-fest. The story is realistic but not over complicated, and that's arguably the best part about this film. This is a must watch for thriller fans.
Overall, Spike Lee gets a clear message across while providing the audience with an entertaining film at the same time. I'd definitely recommend it if you go in knowing what to expect (this isn't a full-blown comedy, and it touches on some pretty serious stuff). Still a lot of movies to be released this year, but I think this is one of the best so far.
The Meg follows a group of researchers who believe that the Marianas Trench is deeper than what we believe. It turns out that they are correct, but they also accidentally allow a megalodon to get out and into the ocean. The characters then decide they have to kill the shark.
- It has a big shark.
- The big shark kills people.
- I actually cared about Jason Statham's character.
- The story is actually interesting past the fact that a big shark is involved. The main group of characters is very likable.
- The CGI is pretty solid.
- The little girl who plays Meiying steals all of the scenes that she's in.
- Some of the dialogue is extremely cheesy.
- Ruby Rose is not very good at acting.
- I wish that the shark got to terrorize more large groups of people.
- The trailers were pretty misleading as to what this movie was going to be like.
- A lot of the humor falls flat.
Overall: A solid movie to watch on a boring summer afternoon.
This film comes off as a poorly done money grab. I don't expect top notch effects or a top notch story from a found footage film, but for the most part this is nothing but a boring film with bad acting. I never felt an inkling of fear.