The Three Musketeers (1993)
Average Rating: 4.8/10
Reviews Counted: 26
Fresh: 8 | Rotten: 18
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 4
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 4
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 169,055
This comedy-adventure is one of several adaptations of Alexadre Dumas' (pere) classic novel. Provincial swordsman D'Artagnan (Chris O'Donnell) travels to Paris to follow in his father's footsteps and become a king's guard, a musketeer. Meanwhile, the evil royal advisor Cardinal Richelieu (Tim Curry), with the help of one-eyed Captain Rochefort (Michael Wincott), has disbanded the King's bodyguards in his devious attempt to usurp the power of the King (Hugh O'Conor) and rule France. Three of the
Nov 12, 1993 Wide
Jul 17, 2001
Watch It Now
Rebecca De Mornay
Milady De Winter
Count de Rochefort
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
What "The Three Musketeers" lacks in poeticism, it makes up for in entertainment value, at least.
Rewatch the Lester film or even the Ritz Bros.
A fun adventure, but nothing new. Average retelling of the legend. Platt steals the show.
A bubble-gum swashbuckling adventure, rapidly fading in the cultural rear-view mirror. Still, it goes down easy, and Tim Curry makes a good bad guy.
A stupid, bumbling misfire, which wastes a solid cast.
Audaciously limpid Disney swill that's so slick it almost convinces us Dumas had an MTV attention span.
Very mildly entertaining. Not even worth watching a second time, but it worked as a Saturday matinee.
Audience Reviews for The Three Musketeers
Movies Like The Three Musketeers
- Louis XIII: This world is an uncertain realm filled with danger, honor undermined by the pursuit of power ,freedom sacrificed when the weak are oppressed by the strong. But there are those who oppose these powerful forces, who dedicate their lives to truth honor and freedom. These men are known as musketeers.
- Cardinal Richelieu: You of all people should know, that the cardinal does not answer to the laws of men.
- Aramis: Then you'll answer to God.
- Aramis: Leaving so soon?
- Cardinal Richelieu: I abhor bloodshed.
- Aramis: Especially your own.
- Cardinal Richelieu: All for one and more for me.
- Aramis: [referring to Cardinal Richelieu] Is he a man of God or a man of gold?
- D'Artagnan: I may not wear the tunic, but I believe I have the heart of a musketeer.
Discuss The Three Musketeers on our Movie forum!
Latest News on The Three Musketeers
September 2, 2009:Paul W.S. Anderson Plans 3-D Three Musketeers
In an adaptation he promises will "modernize" the story "without compromising the fun of shooting a...
June 11, 2008:Nu Image/Millennium Breaking Three Musketeers Out of Mothballs
Continuing a run at "branded property" revivals that includes the latest Rambo movie, reboots of...
October 27, 2005:Critical Consensus: "Zorro" Off The Mark, "Saw II" A Little Rusty
This week's wide releases contain tales of existential, angst-ridden meteorologists ("The...