The Prophecy (1995)
Average Rating: 5/10
Reviews Counted: 20
Fresh: 8 | Rotten: 12
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 2
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 2
Average Rating: 3.3/5
User Ratings: 28,853
The directorial debut from Highlander screenwriter Gregory Widen stars Christopher Walken as the angel Gabriel, who, fed up with God giving all of his attention to humans, decides to stage a sort of coup. With plans of killing all of the good angels, Gabriel decides to enlist the help of a recently deceased and inhumanly malevolent army general. In order to prevent Gabriel from obtaining the help of the vicious Korean War vet, good angel Simon (Eric Stoltz) stashes the general's soul in an
Sep 1, 1995 Wide
Feb 9, 1999
Watch It Now
It looked a lot fresher when it was new, but it's still intriguing.
Top-notch combination of Supernatural thrills and Walken-esque sensation
Chris Walken is worth the price of admission
Paradise Lost reimagined as a droll B horror picture. Walken is terrific, as always, and Viggo Mortensen's cameo is worth the price of admission alone.
- Jerry: Never trust a fucking angel.
- Angel Gabriel: You know how you got that dent, on your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, -- then I put my finger there -- and I said 'Shh.
- Angel Gabriel: Bye kids, study your math! Key to the universe!
- Katherine: Go to hell!
- Angel Gabriel: Heaven, darling, Heaven. At least get the zip code right.
- Katherine: It's all the same to you, isn't it?
- Angel Gabriel: No! In Heaven, we believe in love.
- Katherine: What do you love, Gabriel?
- Angel Gabriel: Cracking your skull.
- Lucifer: Leave a light on, Thomas.
- Angel Gabriel: I'm an angel, I kill first born's while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls and from now until kingdom COME, the only thing you can COUNT ON, in your EXISTENCE.. Is never understanding why.
There are no discussion threads for The Prophecy yet.
Latest News on The Prophecy
July 12, 2006:Who Wants ANOTHER Slice of "American Pie"?
It's a bizarre way for a movie studio to show its appreciation for a mega-successful trilogy, but...
September 1, 2005:"Hollow Man 2" Production Underway in Vancouver
Fangoria brings the news on the upcoming "Hollow Man 2," which stars Christian Slater,...