The Prophecy (1995)
Average Rating: 5.1/10
Reviews Counted: 22
Fresh: 9 | Rotten: 13
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 2
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 2
Average Rating: 3.3/5
User Ratings: 29,218
Tommy Dagget wanted to be a priest, but lost his faith and became a cop instead. He once wrote a learned treatise on angels, so when a physiologically abnormal individual is found murdered and a copy of Dagget's study discovered on the crime scene, he's assigned to investigate. What he uncovers is a literal war of angels. These supernatural creatures, led by the vicious Gabriel, are a tormented, murderous lot, warped by God's rejection in favor of "talking monkeys" called the human race. The
Sep 1, 1995 Wide
Feb 9, 1999
Watch It Now
Latest News on The Prophecy
July 12, 2006:Who Wants ANOTHER Slice of "American Pie"?
It's a bizarre way for a movie studio to show its appreciation for a mega-successful trilogy, but...
September 1, 2005:"Hollow Man 2" Production Underway in Vancouver
Fangoria brings the news on the upcoming "Hollow Man 2," which stars Christian Slater,...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Surprisingly, the appearance of perennial film weirdo Walken in slicked-back raven hair actually marks the point where The Prophecy begins to slow down and deteriorate.
It looked a lot fresher when it was new, but it's still intriguing.
Top-notch combination of Supernatural thrills and Walken-esque sensation
Chris Walken is worth the price of admission
Paradise Lost reimagined as a droll B horror picture. Walken is terrific, as always, and Viggo Mortensen's cameo is worth the price of admission alone.
Audience Reviews for The Prophecy
- Jerry: Never trust a fucking angel.
- Angel Gabriel: You know how you got that dent, on your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, -- then I put my finger there -- and I said 'Shh.
- Angel Gabriel: Bye kids, study your math! Key to the universe!
- Katherine: Go to hell!
- Angel Gabriel: Heaven, darling, Heaven. At least get the zip code right.
- Katherine: It's all the same to you, isn't it?
- Angel Gabriel: No! In Heaven, we believe in love.
- Katherine: What do you love, Gabriel?
- Angel Gabriel: Cracking your skull.
- Lucifer: Leave a light on, Thomas.
- Angel Gabriel: I'm an angel, I kill first born's while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls and from now until kingdom COME, the only thing you can COUNT ON, in your EXISTENCE.. Is never understanding why.
Discuss The Prophecy on our Movie forum!