Tiger Beat teen idol Jesse McCartney takes the title role in writer/director Todd Kessler's drama about a second-semester high-school senior named Natalie (Elisabeth Harnois), who believes she has life figured out until happening upon Keith, a troubled and unpredictable youth who begins to alter her perspective in ways she never thought possible. Keith is based on author Ron Carlson's short story of the same name.
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.Login
Critic Reviews for Keith
Audience Reviews for Keith
Excellent, Excellent movie. The story is unbelievably striking, and the acting is beautifully done. Love Jesse McCartney in this movie, Elisabeth Harnois is great as well (:More
To all of you who think Jesse is just a singer and has nothing to do with movies I have to tell you this:He proves us wrong by acting even better than singing!More
Surprisingly good movie. I honestly wasn't expecting much due to the casting of Jesse Mccartney...but he surprised me. He did quite well, as did the entire cast. The story is very compelling, and I found myself drawn in. Probably more of a teen flick, but I still enjoyed it.More
I LOVE Jesse McCartney....but this movie sucked a lot.
The script was terrible. I mean how many times was the word "shit" used in this movie? Way too many to count. Not only that, but the script seemed like it was so clever when really it was cheesy and stupid. Everything that came out of Keith's mouth was ridiculously dumb. The whole time I was like Jesse McCartney what the HELL were you thinking! Anyone who read the script HAD to have known the movie was going to suck.
The acting was also pretty lame. I mean the parents of Natalie were so obnoxious. They were so crazy and psychotic their characters were not believable at all. Natalie's boyfriend Raff was also so unrealistic. What a controlling jerk. He always has to be up in her business. Natalie should've dumped him a long time ago. Jesse's acting was probably sub par, I cut him some slack though since he really hasn't been in many movies.
The plot came exactly from A Walk to Remember. Yeah they changed a few things around, but it was pretty much identical. A girl meets a boy who has (SPOILER) cancer, and her life is changed by him, and he dies afterwards. So unoriginal. They might as well just called it "Another Walk to Remember" the sequel to the first one.
I thought the movie would be okay, but I was sorely mistaken. The plot was so rushed and inconsistent. Not my kind of movie at all. Everyone who wrote a fresh review of this movie has the worst possible taste in films. You can't just rate it good because it has Jesse McCartney in it. I'm a huge JMac fan, but even his gorgeous presence wasn't able to make this movie a winner.
- Fuck you!
- You just did, Partner.
- Fun? Fun is fun, right?
- I had it all figured out. So i cut out a little early, who cares? Its probably a good thing. Life sucks, anyway. But I met you and it got weird. And you were so... Amazing. and I?
- What? What?
- I just wanted a little more time. So all in all, I'd say you're the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Goodbye partner.
- I'm staying with you until you leave. I don't care how much time we have! Give up you stupid jerk.
- Wake up Natalie! Don't you see what happened to you? You had a beautiful life and I had shit. i hated your guts. I wanted to take you down. I wanted to make you as miserable as I am and that's exactly what I did! Now, How's that for a goodbye?
- Pretty lame.
- Face it Anderson! I screwed you.I screwed you big time.
- So you screwed me.So what? Me? I made love to you.
Discuss Keith on our Movie forum!