ByŰsoku 5 senchimÍtoru (5 Centimeters per Second) (A Chain of Short Stories about Their Distance) (2007)
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 2
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 0
Average Rating: 4.2/5
User Ratings: 5,160
Director Makoto Shinkai's heartfelt animated drama tells the tale of two close friends separated by chance, and reunited by determination. As schoolchildren, Tono Takaki and Shinohara Akari were inseparable. But shortly after graduating elementary school, their families each moved and the distance between them grew. Despite the fact that each worried they would never see the other again, Takaki and Akari never lost touch. Later, Takaki decides to pay a visit to Akari, and sets out on the road
Mar 3, 2007 Wide
Mar 4, 2008
Watch It Now
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
As poet of heartbreak, Shinkai could be accused of treacly mush (the voice-overs are a bit florid, and the saccharine piano score doesn't help), but he's got a delicate touch with sentiment that will have receptive viewers reaching for a Kleenex.
Audience Reviews for ByŰsoku 5 senchimÍtoru (5 Centimeters per Second) (A Chain of Short Stories about Their Distance)
- Voice: The things I had to tell her... and the things I hoped she would listen to. There were so many of them.
- Voice: We humans desperately and recklessly launched something of that mass and size into the air, gazing off into the distance, towards something far beyond our wildest dreams.
- Voice: When did I start typing messages that are never sent?
- Voice: At what speed must I live, to be able to see you again?
- Voice: The speed at which the sakura blossom petals fall... Five centimeters per second.
Discuss ByŰsoku 5 senchimÍtoru (5 Centimeters per Second) (A Chain of Short Stories about Their Distance) on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- 5 Zentimeter pro Sekunde (DE)
- 5 Centimeters Per Second (Byousoku 5 senchimeetoru) (UK)