5 Children and It (2004)
Average Rating: 5.3/10
Reviews Counted: 7
Fresh: 4 | Rotten: 3
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Oct 15, 2004 Wide
Average Rating: 3/5
User Ratings: 12,659
Five brothers and sisters find their uncle has a big surprise hidden in his estate in this comic fantasy for the whole family. Not long after World War I breaks out, five children -- Cyril (Jonathan Bailey), Robert (Freddie Highmore), Anthea (Jessica Claridge), Jane (Poppy Rogers), and Lamb -- find themselves in dangerous circumstances when their father is sent off to fight, and their mother volunteers to be a field nurse. Unable to care for themselves, the children are sent to the country,
Oct 15, 2004 Wide
Jul 5, 2005
Capitol Films - Official Site
Watch It Now
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Its eccentric charms and light humor will most certainly win over anyone looking for a brisk family adventure.
Five posh First World War sprogs are despatched to Uncle Kenneth Branagh's Gothic pile in a Devon nook. It's a ghastly film
Audience Reviews for 5 Children and It
Movies Like 5 Children and It
- Psammead: Magic fades, and then you forget.
- Psammead: I will grant you your wishes, but I have a list of demands. My needs are minimal, but what I need is a stateroom with a sunken bath with a tap that goes backwards and forwards. And a toothbrush made of gold, not the bristles, of course, but the bit you hold. Gold bristles would hurt my gums, you see. A palace with white sand spread on the floor, from the Bahamas, I think, and a shower cap. And a yak.
- Uncle Albert: I'm writing a book--Difficult Sums for Children.
- Uncle Albert: Smell that. That's Thursday.
- Uncle Albert: Well, Martha, looks like Thursday's gone missing like last October.
Discuss 5 Children and It on our Movie forum!