Average Rating: 5.3/10
Reviews Counted: 44
Fresh: 19 | Rotten: 25
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 5.8/10
Critic Reviews: 8
Fresh: 4 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.1/5
User Ratings: 336,363
Crash landing on a barren penal-colony planet with an unwelcomed visitor in tow, Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) contends with a group of hardened convicts while using nothing but her wits to battle a terrifying new breed of alien. The sole survivor of her crashed escape pod, Ripley is rescued from the craft by the remaining inhabitants of Fiorina 161, a group of rapists and murders who chose to repent for their sins in deep space after the penal colony was officially decommissioned. When remaining
Jan 1, 1992 Wide
Jun 1, 1999
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Charles S. Dutton
Christopher John Fie...
Latest News on Alien3
October 26, 2007:Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem -- See What A "Predalien" Looks Like!
According to USA Today, when you cross an Alien with a Predator, the result is "either a bad joke or...
January 17, 2007:An Old Friend Checks Out James Cameron's New "Avatar"
Well here's some James Cameron news that's interesting if not all that surprising: In addition to...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
May satisfy fans of the earlier films ... but it won't win any new converts.
It all happens - with equal confusion and intrigue - under the umbrella of a low-tech style so chilling in its presence that it becomes a character all on its own.
A large step down from the original two films, the third is still entertaining and iconic.
I recognize the film fandom fury that comes with such a drastic continuation, yet there's a big brown world of unusual cinematic risk here to consume. Alien 3 remains such a potent, mesmerizing force of doom.
Flashy, flawed sequel that doesn't deliver the chills of the first or the thrills of the second
Manages to get the job done if you temper your expectation to a modest level.
Filled with scares. Sigourney Weaver is winning once again as a tough woman warrior.
All the groundwork laid by Scott and Cameron in the first two films is tossed right out the window by this nihilistic script. Only watchable thanks to Fincher's directing.
Gorgeous sets and another great turn from Weaver vie with a repetative and desperate structure. It also commits an unforgivable sin by rendering the events of the first two films utterly irrelevant.
Audience Reviews for Alien3
Movies Like Alien3
- Golic: In an insane world, a sane man must appear insane.
- Ellen Ripley: You've been in my life so long, I can't remember anything else.
- Dillon: Why? Why are the innocent punished? Why the sacrifice? Why the pain? There aren't any promises. Nothing certain. Only that some get called, some get saved. She won't ever know the hardship and grief for those of us left behind. We commit these bodies to the void with a glad heart. For within each seed, there is a promise of a flower, and within each death, no matter how small, there's always a new life. A new beginning.
- Dillon: You're all gonna die. Only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet...or on your fucking knees...begging? I ain't much for begging and nobody ever gave me nothin'. So I say, 'Fuck that thing! Let's fight it!'
- Bishop II: Hi Ripley I like your hair cut.
Discuss Alien3 on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- Alien 3 (DE)
- Alien 3 (UK)