Average Rating: 5/10
Reviews Counted: 50
Fresh: 21 | Rotten: 29
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 4.6/10
Critic Reviews: 14
Fresh: 4 | Rotten: 10
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 195,781
BASEketball tells the tale of three slackers who make up a new, pure and innocent sport in their driveway, only to find it turned into a major corporate and wildly popular professional league.
Jul 31, 1998 Wide
Dec 29, 1998
Watch It Now
Latest News on BASEketball
August 22, 2006:"South Park" Guys to Go Live-Action -- Twice
Trey Parker and Matt Stone, best known as the creators of "South Park," have signed an...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
I was bored well before the end, but found the first half hour pretty funny.
Their incessant, obscene banter is meant to be endearing; their total lack of presence makes it simply annoying.
The vulgar, obvious humor of Zucker brother David and South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone elicits easy, guilty laughs, yet the material has an underlying innocence that's just shy of good clean fun.
You can't help feeling that the whole project must have begun as an off-the-cuff joke which some studio executive took seriously and greenlighted.
An inane, painfully unfunny comedy.
Screw you guys, I'm not going home...until the movie's over, that is.
There's plenty of ammunition for a satire of pro sports -- and BASEketball isn't it.
I have a terrible confession to make: I laughed myself silly at BASEketball.
the studio should have furnished each ticket-buyer with a free six-pack. ... Putting it in an alcohol-free theatrical setting makes about as much sense as packing a suitcase for your trip to Nudestock.
The chief problem is this film is too much in love with itself, too much in awe at what they can get away with.
Audience Reviews for BASEketball
Movies Like BASEketball
- Joe Cooper: I hear your sister is going out with SQUEAK!
- Doug Remer: Listen to me little bitch! You either go out there and make that shot or I'm gonna shove your head so far up your fuckin' ass, you'll have to wear yourself as a hat!
- Joe Cooper: Dr. Kaiser! We graduated high school with your daughter!
- Doug Remer: Coop, do you know what you're doing?
- Joe Cooper: What's it look like?
- Doug Remer: An execution?
- Joe Cooper: [in Scottish accent] Damn it man, I'm trying to save an innocent life!
- Doug Remer: [also in Scottish accent] I'm giving her all I've got, captain!
- Joe Cooper: [in Scottish accent] I love ya. Always have.
- Joe Cooper: Steve Perry, Steve Perry. 'And I should've been gone long ago...' Alright you missed it!
- Doug Remer: Dude! You said no more Journey Psyche Out's!
Discuss BASEketball on our Movie forum!