Captain Ron (1992)
Average Rating: 4.1/10
Reviews Counted: 14
Fresh: 3 | Rotten: 11
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 2
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 2
Average Rating: 2.7/5
User Ratings: 47,492
After he inherits a yacht, Chicago businessman Martin totes his family to the Caribbean to claim it. Not having any skill at boating, he hires long-haired, one-eyed low-life Captain Ron, to pilot the heap to Miami. During the journey, the somewhat inept sailor frequently loses his way while becoming a hit with everyone in the family--except Martin. This comedy features Martin Short, Kurt Russell, Mary Kay Place, with Benjamin Salisbury and Meadow Sisto as the two children. ~ Kristie Hassen, Rovi
Sep 18, 1992 Wide
Sep 3, 2002
Watch It Now
Mary Kay Place
John Scott Clough
Marty Eli Schwartz
If we lived in a just universe, Captain Ron, a farce filmed in and around the Devil's Triangle, would simply have vanished into another dimension.
Director Eberhardt does nothing to elevate this from being anything other than a boring TV movie, and I'm sure if Kurt Russell wasn't in it, that's exactly where it would have premiered.
Kurt Russell is the only thing that makes this movie tolerable - and just barely at that.
As bad as it sounds.
The physical comedy doesn't always work, but it is a pretty good effort as comedies go.
Audience Reviews for Captain Ron
- Martin Harvey: Slow down! There's boats all over the place!
- Captain Ron: Don't worry. They'll get out of the way. I learned that driving the Saratoga.
- Patti: Already I don't like her a lot.
- Captain Ron: They're just playing 'Hide the Salami'.
- Caroline Harvey: What?
- Captain Ron: It's just a squall, they come on ya fast and they leave ya fast.
- Captain Ron: They were playing hide the Salami in the shower.
There are no discussion threads for Captain Ron yet.