Captain Ron (1992)
Average Rating: 4.1/10
Reviews Counted: 14
Fresh: 3 | Rotten: 11
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 2
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 2
Average Rating: 2.7/5
User Ratings: 47,721
After he inherits a yacht, Chicago businessman Martin totes his family to the Caribbean to claim it. Not having any skill at boating, he hires long-haired, one-eyed low-life Captain Ron, to pilot the heap to Miami. During the journey, the somewhat inept sailor frequently loses his way while becoming a hit with everyone in the family--except Martin. This comedy features Martin Short, Kurt Russell, Mary Kay Place, with Benjamin Salisbury and Meadow Sisto as the two children. ~ Kristie Hassen, Rovi
Sep 18, 1992 Wide
Sep 3, 2002
Watch It Now
Mary Kay Place
Marty Eli Schwartz
John Scott Clough
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
If we lived in a just universe, Captain Ron, a farce filmed in and around the Devil's Triangle, would simply have vanished into another dimension.
Director Eberhardt does nothing to elevate this from being anything other than a boring TV movie, and I'm sure if Kurt Russell wasn't in it, that's exactly where it would have premiered.
Forced Kurt Russell, Marty Short comedy.
Kurt Russell is the only thing that makes this movie tolerable - and just barely at that.
As bad as it sounds.
The physical comedy doesn't always work, but it is a pretty good effort as comedies go.
Audience Reviews for Captain Ron
- Martin Harvey: Slow down! There's boats all over the place!
- Captain Ron: Don't worry. They'll get out of the way. I learned that driving the Saratoga.
- Patti: Already I don't like her a lot.
- Captain Ron: They're just playing 'Hide the Salami'.
- Caroline Harvey: What?
- Captain Ron: It's just a squall, they come on ya fast and they leave ya fast.
- Captain Ron: They were playing hide the Salami in the shower.
Discuss Captain Ron on our Movie forum!