Crocodile Dundee (1986)
Average Rating: 6.6/10
Reviews Counted: 26
Fresh: 23 | Rotten: 3
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 2
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 1
Average Rating: 3/5
User Ratings: 237,054
Accustomed to a simple life in the Australian Outback, a legendary crocodile hunter has trouble adjusting to his new surroundings when an American journalist brings him to New York City. This Australian comedy delivers exactly what one would expect: plenty of fish-out-of-water gags about the hunter's reactions to the absurdity of modern urban life. Though he initially seems rather naive, Paul Hogan's "Crocodile" Dundee soon demonstrates that his natural ways are rather quite well-suited to city
Sep 26, 1986 Wide
Sep 18, 2001
Watch It Now
Michael J. "Crocodile" ...
Walter "Wally" Reilly
Graham "Grace" Walker
Formulaic but enjoyable Aussie comedy about culture collision, in large part due to star-writer Paul Hogan.
Have a very "g'day" watching this one.
Funny comedy. All the fish out of water cliches, but it works.
Sure, looking back now it seems cheeseball, but it was the 80s. We didn't know any better.
Enjoyable little film, but nothing exciting.
Mildly entertaining family film.
Audience Reviews for Crocodile Dundee
- Sue Charlton: Is it dead?
- Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee: [looks at the crocodile with his knife in its skull] Well, if it isn't, it'll be a helluva job skinning the bastard.
- Neville Bell: Oh no, you can't take my photograph.
- Sue Charlton: Oh, I'm sorry, you believe it will take your spirit away.
- Neville Bell: No, you got lens-cap on it.
- Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee: Call that a knife? This is a knife.
There are no discussion threads for Crocodile Dundee yet.
Latest News on Crocodile Dundee
August 28, 2007:RT on DVD: Blades of Glory, Air Guitar Nation, and Heroes: Season 1 Arrive!
It's an exciting week to be a fan of NBC's Heroes (we vote Petrelli -- Peter Petrelli!) but the...