Die Hard 3: With a Vengeance (1995)
Average Rating: 5.8/10
Reviews Counted: 46
Fresh: 24 | Rotten: 22
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 5.5/10
Critic Reviews: 12
Fresh: 6 | Rotten: 6
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.6/5
User Ratings: 380,298
Bruce Willis returns as misfit cop John McClane in the third film in the Die Hard series. McClane has fallen on hard times; after moving to New York City and breaking up with his wife, he's developed a drinking problem and has been suspended from the NYPD. However, his past comes back to haunt him in the form of Simon (Jeremy Irons), a terrorist bomber who has been using McClane as his contact as he plants a series of bombs in public places and gives McClane inane "clues" to their whereabouts in
May 19, 1995 Wide
Mar 9, 1999
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Watch It Now
Simon Gruber/Peter Krie...
Samuel L. Jackson
Graham Greene (II)
Birdie M. Hale
John McTiernan Sr.
Phyllis Yvonne Stickney
Sergeant John Turley
Richard Russell Ramos
Greek Deli Proprietor
John Robert Tillotson
There's little wit or originality on offer, just the familiar escalation of car chases and big bangs.
It's a tense, terrifically funny action dazzler with a wow level in special effects that will be hard to top.
... Highlighted by Irons, whose slick and sinister Simon is second only to Alan Rickman's Hans Gruber in the pantheon of "Die Hard" villains.
Though still a far cry from the peerless original, Die Hard With A Vengeance is a big improvement over the second.
Although the film is not special, this two-disc special edition DVD most definitely is.
All in all, it's a fun movie, worthy of its predecessors, but ranking third of three.
So concerned with bigness that it forgets to thrill.
Surprisingly more entertaining than you'd expect a third film in a franchise to be.
John McTiernan pulls the stunts off with such finesse that the script problems are almost irrelevant.
Audience Reviews for Die Hard 3: With a Vengeance
- John McClane: You and Simon ruined a perfectly good hangover.
- John McClane: Say hello to your brother. [shoots down helicopter]
- John McClane: You know, you're brother was an asshole.
- Simon Gruber/Peter Krieg: [laughs] He was! He was an asshole. You got his number.
- John McClane: What is it that wall street doesn't have?
- Zeus Carver: What?
- John McClane: Schools [while watching at The Federal Reserve Bank of New York] And what do they have a shit load of?
- Simon Gruber/Peter Krieg: They bought it. Hook, line, and sinker.
- John McClane: John McClane. NYPD.
- Gang Member: Are you all right?
- John McClane: Yes... laundry day.
|Deserves at Least 60%||24 days ago||1|
Latest News on Die Hard 3: With a Vengeance
June 27, 2007:Critical Consensus: Yippee-Ki-Yay! "Live Free Or Die Hard" Is Certified Fresh
Although the 1988 original is one of the touchstones of modern action cinema, and although Bruce...
June 22, 2007:Interview: Bruce Willis Talks More "Die Hard" Sequels, Michael Bay, Real Stunts
Who wants to see a fifty-two-year old action hero? If that hero is Bruce Willis, the epitome of cool...
May 10, 2007:Forum Poster Bruce Willis Ain't Cool With Michael Bay
Bruce Willis has been chatting up some lucky web readers over his upcoming reemergence in "Live...
- Die Hard With a Vengeance (DE)
- Die Hard With a Vengeance (UK)