How to Steal a Million (1966)
Average Rating: 7/10
Reviews Counted: 6
Fresh: 6 | Rotten: 0
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Jan 1, 1966 Wide
Average Rating: 4/5
User Ratings: 10,352
In this elegant "caper" film, Audrey Hepburn stars as the daughter of a wealthy Parisian (Hugh Griffith), whose hobby is copying famous works of art. His replica of a famed Cellini sculpture is inadvertently displayed in an art museum, and he begins to worry that he'll lose his reputation once the experts evaluate the statuette. Audrey decides to rob the museum, and hires a burglar (Peter O'Toole) for that purpose. But the burglar is really a detective, who has every intention of arresting
Jan 1, 1966 Wide
Dec 7, 2004
20th Century Fox Film Corp.
Watch It Now
Marcel the butler
Cleaning Woman in Mu...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Hepburn and O'Toole are magical together.
...the sort of genial, fluffy little caper flick that rarely gets made anymore, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Enjoyable, low-key comedy with two great stars.
Audience Reviews for How to Steal a Million
- Simon Dermott: There's the bathroom. Take off you clothes.
- Nicole Bonnet: Are we planning the same sort of crime?
- Simon Dermott: Your quite safe. It's dress rehearsal time. That's why we bought all this lovely junk.
- Simon Dermott: Why must it be this particular work of art?
- Nicole Bonnet: You don't think I'd steal something that didn't belong to me, do you?
- Nicole Bonnet: Excuse me, I spoke without thinking.
Discuss How to Steal a Million on our Movie forum!