The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996)
Average Rating: 5.3/10
Reviews Counted: 30
Fresh: 16 | Rotten: 14
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 5.1/10
Critic Reviews: 5
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.5/5
User Ratings: 9,347
In this romantic comedy-drama, a couple learns that the relationship between the mind and the body can take many different forms. Rose Morgan (Barbra Streisand) is a plain and pudgy middle-aged college English professor who shares a house with her mother, Hannah (Lauren Bacall). Rose got the brains in her family, but her sister Claire (Mimi Rogers) got the good looks, and as Claire prepares for her wedding to Alex (Pierce Brosnon), Rose can't help but despair over the blank page that is her love
Nov 15, 1996 Wide
Jan 20, 1998
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Latest News on The Mirror Has Two Faces
April 5, 2013:Barbra Streistand Returning to Directing
She'll helm a film inspired by the real-life relationship between photographer Margaret Bourke-White...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
A terrific, thought provoking, at times heart wrenching twist on the typical rom-com proving again Streisands singular gifts.
Downer story does match its book source, for the most part. Great cast.
I didn't wanna like it. But by movie's end, I didn't hate it. Points for that.
A uniquely awful vanity piece.
Audience Reviews for The Mirror Has Two Faces
- Rose Morgan: By the way, would telling you now that I want sex tonight be enough of a warning?
- Gregory Larkin: The mathematical world is completely rational, uncomplicated by sex.
- Rose Morgan: I tell you what I envy about people in love - I'd love it if someone knew me, I mean really knew me. What I like, what I'm afraid of, what kind of toothpaste I use.
- Rose Morgan: Mom, how did it feel?
- Hannah Morgan: What?
- Rose Morgan: Being beautiful? Having people look at you with such admiration?
- Hannah Morgan: It was wonderful.
Discuss The Mirror Has Two Faces on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- Liebe hat zwei Gesichter (DE)