The Monster Squad (1987)
Average Rating: 5.4/10
Reviews Counted: 17
Fresh: 9 | Rotten: 8
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 3
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 2
Average Rating: 3.6/5
User Ratings: 34,906
A group of adolescent monster movie enthusiasts form a club that meets in a treehouse in this pre-teen horror feature. When Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein, and The Wolfman are joined by Gill-Man in the search for a magic amulet, the boys form the Monster Squad to battle the forces of evil. The boys get unexpected help from Frankenstein when the monster grows tired of being continually bossed around by Dracula. ~ Dan Pavlides, Rovi
Jun 1, 1987 Wide
Jul 24, 2007
Del Sean's Father
Phoebe Sean's Sister
Mary Ellen Trainor
Scary German Guy
Julius Le Flore
Squad Room Cop
Michael Reid Mackay
Girl in Ground Hog D...
Driver of Coroner Va...
Squad Room Cop
Marianne de Camp
Cat head, Mrs. Carls...
Vampire Bride with P...
Squad Room Cop
Tom Woodruff Jr.
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Dekker plays around imaginatively with the genre while delivering several nice touches.
A silly attempt to crossbreed an Our Gang comedy with a classic horror film, which usually means that both genres have reached the end of the line.
For a movie so aesthetically on the ball, it's a shame the screenplay is not the least bit industrious.
It can be a bit scary for the youngest of viewers, but it's a fun ride nonetheless, for new and old fans alike.
A silly, half-baked amalgam of The Goonies and Ghostbusters.
Remains a true horror classic for nearly twenty years because it reaches down deep in to horror fans desires...
Audience Reviews for The Monster Squad
- Army General: Can somebody tell me what in the Sam hill is going on here?!
- Sean: Well, we can sir.
- Army General: Who are you?
- Sean: We're the Monster Squad!
- Sean: Kick him in the nards! Kick him in the nards!
- Horace: He doesn't have nards!
- Sean: Do it, do it!
- Horace: (after kicking) Wolfman's got nards!
- Del Sean's Father: I'm glad you're gettin' major laughs outta this, Rich. The problem is two-thousand year old dead guys do not get up and walk away by themselves.
- Wolfman: (fires two shots in the air) Lock me up!
- Count Dracula: (holding Phoebe up by her throat) Give me the amulet, you BITCH!
- Phoebe Sean's Sister: (outside the tree house, wanting to join the club) Mom says you have to let me in or else it's prescription!
- Sean: That's 'discrimination' jerkoid! Prescription is drugs, which you're on if you think you're getting in here!
Discuss The Monster Squad on our Movie forum!
Latest News on The Monster Squad
October 8, 2012:Rob Cohen Issues a Monster Squad Remake Update
"It's sitting at Paramount. It's a great script. I've been kicking them."
March 19, 2010:Paramount Reconvenes The Monster Squad
Paramount and Platinum Dunes are readying a "Monster Squad" remake, with Rob Cohen potentially on...
July 18, 2008:Weekly Ketchup: Wanted, Monster Squad, and the New Watchmen Trailer
Welcome back to the Weekly Ketchup... wonder what's been going on during the last three weeks? We've...