Mosura tai Gojira (Mothra vs. Godzilla) (1964)
Average Rating: 6.8/10
Reviews Counted: 10
Fresh: 9 | Rotten: 1
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Sep 17, 1964 Wide
Average Rating: 3.4/5
User Ratings: 9,444
Ishiro Honda directed this fourth Godzilla film (the second for Mothra), which is bogged down at the start by an uninteresting set-up involving corporate intrigue and a pair of boring reporters. Godzilla's first appearance is not very impressive, as he rises from a sandy beach looking distinctly the worse for wear since his last outing in Kingukongu Tai Gojira (1963). The miniscule Peanut Sisters (Emi Ito, Yumi Ito) are around again, looking for one of the giant eggs which their moth goddess is
Sep 17, 1964 Wide
May 5, 1998
Public Relations Off...
Old Man In the Villa...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
As much fun as any movie about giant monsters ever has been, from any period and any country.
One of the better Godzilla films.
Audience Reviews for Mosura tai Gojira (Mothra vs. Godzilla)
- Newspaper Editor: That's it, you're a genius!
- Second Reporter: That's what I thought. Hey, should I get a raise?
- Girl Photographer: You're crazy if you don't go. Godzilla will kill you.
- Second Reporter: Well I'm not as afraid of Godzilla as I am of the editor. He's meaner.
- News Reporter: Look over there! Why aren't you getting pictures Junko?
- Girl Photographer: I'm not sure where to start.
- News Reporter: I want to capture this. Listen, my articles are not enough. And I must have photographs to go with them. And I want them today!
Discuss Mosura tai Gojira (Mothra vs. Godzilla) on our Movie forum!