Neo Ned (2005)
Average Rating: 6.4/10
Reviews Counted: 5
Fresh: 4 | Rotten: 1
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 3
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 1
Average Rating: 3.8/5
User Ratings: 798
Ned (Jeremy Renner of Dahmer) is a proud member of the Aryan Brotherhood who has been admitted to a mental institution for his involvement in a racially motivated murder. Dr. Magnuson (Cary Elwes) and Johnny (Ethan Suplee) have trouble keeping Ned in line. Boisterous and belligerent, he's prone to childish tantrums when things don't go his way. Still, the other inmates, like Joey (Eddie Kaye Thomas) seem to look up to him. Ned's life at the facility is upended with the arrival of Rachael
Apr 22, 2005 Wide
Dec 30, 2008
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
It's a little rough around the edges, to be sure, but with such strong lead performances there is something irresistible in the film's audaciously straight-faced portrayal of such an unlikely relationship.
Neo Ned may be ludicrous on paper, but it has what fans of independent film are looking for -- atmosphere, humanity and just a dash of fantastic drama.
The problem lies in the film's inability to decide whether such loaded images are funny in a Farrelly Brothers/Dave Chapelle kind of way or if they mean something deeper.
Audience Reviews for Neo Ned
- Ned: Maybe we can keep in contact after the revolution.
- Rachael: What are you talking about?
- Ned: You know, keep in contact after the war. After the whites get their own nation.
- Rachael: You already have your own nation.
- Ned: We can write letters! i'm sure there's gonna be mail delivered between the quadrants. Heck, maybe we can even visit each other.
- Rachael: Just so I understand...um...you wanna have a war to divide up the country, in order to keep blacks away from the whites, then sneak across the border and meet me for coffee?
- Dr. Magnuson: Ned, what you're doing is unsafe. Put. Down. The toaster.
- Rachael: I've gotta go home.
- Ned: This is your home. This is our home.
- Rachael: This is us playing house.
- Ned: They were probably some fucking Jews.
- Rachael: Oh God, Ned, wake up! They were assholes! Get it?! Assholes! Whether they were white, Jewish, black, they were assholes! You wanna hate somebody so badly, hate the fricking assholes! 'Cause they're everywhere.
Discuss Neo Ned on our Movie forum!