Release Date: Jan 20, 2004 Wide
Average Rating: 4/5
User Ratings: 3,882
Award-winning short filmmaker Jessica Sharzer makes her feature debut with the teen drama Speak, based on the young-adult novel by Laurie Halse Anderson. Kristen Stewart stars as high school freshman Melinda, who has lost her ability to speak. Ever since a traumatic event that occurred at a party over the summer, she has chosen to remain silent. She's abandoned by her friends, while her mother Joyce (Elizabeth Perkins) is too wrapped up in her own problems to notice. By recalling the details of
Jan 20, 2004 Wide
Sep 27, 2005
- Melinda Sordino: Oh my God, I'm turning into hair woman.
- Melinda Sordino: Ivy is being nice. Say something. My throat is dry. It hurts.
- Melinda Sordino: There's no point talking to my ex-friends, our clan the Plain Janes, have been absorbed by rival groups, Nicole hangs out with the jocks, Rachel went all Euro, Ivy straddles two crowds, the Goths and the Marthas. and then there me. I'm clan less.
- Melinda Sordino: I hate winter I've lived in the Midwest my whole life and I hate winter. It starts to early and ends to late, why doesn't everyone move to Florida?
- Melinda Sordino: I forgot the Suffragettes were hauled off to jail.. duh!
- Melinda Sordino: Heather has found a clan; the Marthas very Connecticut, very prep, I suspect money changed hands.
There are no discussion threads for Speak yet.