28% The Other Woman Apr 25

Spider-Man 2 Reviews

Page 1 of 2027
Edward B

April 24, 2007
Spider-Man 2 is great fun in its action scenes and surprisingly thoughtful in its dramatic ones. Peter Parker has to deal with balancing school, work, love life, and being a superhero and it quickly becomes too much. Comic book movies rarely venture into this territory, but Spider-Man 2 does, and emerges with a definition of what it means to be a superhero.
Samuel Riley
Samuel Riley

June 29, 2012
The sequel to the superb 2004 entry, Spider-Man 2 is bigger and is more emotional. Tobey Maguire reprises his role as the web slinger. This time, he is to confront a new and improved villian. Personally, the main focus of this film should be Alfred Molina; who's portrayal of Dr Octopus gives off pure power, sophistication and terror. This is possibly the highlight in the Spider-Man trilogy.
garyX
garyX

November 15, 2006
Peter Parker begins to find the life of a super hero a rather thankless task and increasingly stressed by his inability to balance work, school and fighting crime he decides to quit being Spiderman. Unfortunately he does not count on a disastrous scientific experiment that turns an altruistic genius into a mechanically enhanced megalomaniac! Spiderman builds on a fine original and delivers all it promised and more. The action sequences are brilliantly done and even more importantly, it intelligently fleshes out the characters with humour and depth. The way Peter has to confront the pros and cons of superherodom is really cleverly done and it injects even more clever humour; in particular the scenes when Peter accidentally dyes his smalls with his spider suit and taking a lift when his powers fail him. It's witty, funny and exciting and everything a superhero film should be. And once more I felt sorry for anyone having to share a scene with the brilliant J. K. Simmons! One of the best hero movies out there.
EightThirty .

April 24, 2007
27/01/2013 (BluRay, PS3)
Eugene B

August 28, 2012
An exceptional sequel led by a superb cast and filled with a fantastic direction/script. Spider-Man 2 takes a deeper toll on the masked vigilante with an emotional as well as physical toll. With the addition of Alfred Molina as the famed villian, the film is a spin of fun. 5/5
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 8, 2007
more effective than the first in character design. some of the sequences of the first were a tad better, but overall they are about equal in quality. i liked a lot about this film, but a great spiderman film is yet to be made.
KJ P

January 9, 2010
Taking a huge leap forward in technology and storytelling, "Spider-Man 2" is not just your average superhero film, but it is a piece of super-heroic art to own for a lifetime that should be cherished upon, and never given up! There is still cheese in this film, just like the first time around, but the characters have so much depth and the consequences actually come into effect. I do not see why anyone in their right mind would not like this film, because to me, it is "THE" greatest superhero film of all time! The shots are very impressive, the acting is good enough for a fictional flick, the writing is on another level of great when it comes down to the considerations that it is a superhero film, and the action scenes are not something you can just walk away from. "Spider-man 2" is a movie that I will love forever! From the humour to the sad emotional moments, this film is brilliant in it's own way! It may not follow the comics to a "T," but honestly, we knew that going in. Forget that, and you have a masterpiece of a superhero film!
Everett J

June 30, 2012
Up until "Dark Knight", this was by far my favorite comic book movie. "Spider- Man 2" took everything good about the first movie, and built on it. Amazing effects mixed with an equally amazing story. The whole cast is back as Peter Parker(Tobey Maquire) deals with whether or not he wants to be spider man, or to live just a normal life. He's haunted by the fact that he can never be in a happy relationship with Mary Jane Watson(Kirsten Dunst), and that his best friend Harry(James Franco) wants spider man dead for the death of his father. The whole time all this is going on, a new villain rises in Dr. Ock(Alfred Molina) and he threatens to destroy all of New York. Its a great film, and worked best as a true Peter Parker movie. You really go on a journey through him and see the ups and downs of being a super hero through his eyes. Side note, this movie has one of the best soundtracks ever. I absolutely love it to this day, and it features one of my favorite songs "Gifts and Curses" by Yellowcard. With the series being rebooted, making this trilogy kind of obsolete, this movie still stands as a phenomenal film.
Albert K

September 7, 2011
This movie is raved to be the best of the Spider-Man series, but I beg to differ. It just wasn't as interesting as the first one...
Tyler R

January 13, 2012
There really isn't a lot that needs to be said about this movie. It fixes on the flaws of the first film and creates a fantastic film. The story goes more in depth about the characters and has more emotional value. The acting in this movie works as well. Tobey McGuire is excellent as Peter Parker, James Franco and Kirsten Dunst play great roles, and Alfred Molina was terrific as Doc Ock. This is one of the greatest superhero movies ever made.
jamers2011
jamers2011

August 3, 2010
Perfect! A fantastic film! Spiderman 2 is Marvel's best film! It's among the best of it's genre if not the best. Everything that was perfect about the first film the second exemplifies!

But, the thing that really stands out to me about this film is the growth and development of the story and characters. I think this film taps into the depthness and emotion of the story. Sometimes films like this tend to focus on the action too much, but this film brilliantly taps into both, creating an emotional level unlike anything I have ever seen.

I LOVE this film. One of my favorites. This film is so underrated.....i mean yes, everyone likes it, but it is so much more. Brilliant!
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

November 1, 2011
The sequel to the highly campy Spiderman is a vast improvement. Spider Man 2 has a better villian and is deeper emotionally and minus the terrible script from the original.
Eric A

October 2, 2011
Just as good as the first, if not better. More action and definitely a coller villain. I've always liked Doc Ock, so it was nice to see him put into the film.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

August 26, 2011
Sequel to the very popular Spiderman is a mediocre film that has some entertaining moments, but it never really takes off. I felt that the film wasn't strong, and to be honest, I feel that the Spiderman films are some of the most poorly made of all superhero films. This sequel has some good action, but it feels like the film was designed with only kids in mind. Batman on the other hand was great for teens and adults a like. But this film is only made for a teen audience. The doesn't really do anything great, and it lacks in many respects in telling a terrific story. That's where I felt that these films failed the lack an appealing, intriguing story. Like Nolan's Batman films were genius movies with compelling stories, but Spiderman 1, 2, 3 lacks that big time. This sequel is a step down from the first which was actually fairly decently entertaining, but it still lacked anything great. Fans of the first may be disappointed with this sequel as you can see the ideas on screen are lacking. There were some good elements, and I really thought Alfred Molina's performance was terrific. But I just think that this sequel is mediocre because I thought it was silly and it was mostly designed for a teenage audience in mind. Below decent but still mildly entertaining.
Alexander D

June 14, 2011
Well, now! They say (assuming "they" are movie experts) that sequels are never great and are always weakly scripted. That certainly did not happen to Sam Raimi's interpretation of the classical comic book saga SPIDER-MAN. SPIDER-MAN 2, though quite simply named, is far better than the original SPIDER-MAN, now with many more thrills and action sequences to keep you watching until the last few seconds. SPIDER-MAN 2, once again, left all of us hanging for the simply inevitable SPIDER-MAN 3.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
I loved all of these Spider Man's.
blkbomb
blkbomb

February 26, 2011
"Am I not supposed to have what I want? What I need? What am I supposed to do?" I was skeptical if Sam Raimi could make another Spider-Man that would live up to his first and I'm suprised to say that I think this one is even a little better than his first. This one deals with Spidermans inner conflict of love or being the hero that everyone needs. Visually, it's as stunning as the first, but the story is superior to that of the first. Peter Parkers personal life starts to deteriorate as Spiderman starts to take over. The pacing of this movie is perfect and Raimi does one hell of a job telling the story. Tobey and Kirsten are great again; as is Franco. Alfred Molina does a very good job as the villain and he had to follow up Dafoe. The ending was awesome and really sets the stage for the next Spider-Man.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

February 27, 2011
What made Spider-Man 2 the best in the series, the fact that they polished the first and improved upon it to make it one of the best superhero films out there. The acting had a major freshen up and it seems like they all playe dthere part great. The effect were a MAJOR improvement and were no longer cheesy like the first but looked very real. The action was more well done and better directed. The villain played by Alfred Molina was perfect as Doc Oc and he actually looks like the guy in the comics, and he deserved more recognition. The plot not only deals with the troubles of Spider-Man, it directs its attention at us because he is going through the same life problems we might have, and it truly makes us feel for him as a human being. Spiderman 2 was an ingenius work of art, and I loved it.
TheGame90
TheGame90

December 20, 2007
Very good movie. Exelent storytelling and very funny aswell. One moment it's sad and the other you are laughing and it's all placed out very well. Doc Ock isn't coolest guy...But I can't think of a better way to do something with him. I don't think it's as far behind the first one anymore. Can't wait to se the third......winner takes all
Page 1 of 2027