Twice Upon a Yesterday (1998)
Average Rating: 4.8/10
Reviews Counted: 21
Fresh: 6 | Rotten: 15
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 3
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 2
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 1,194
Maria Ripoll made her feature directorial debut with this witty Spanish-British romantic comedy, set in London, where actor Victor (Scottish actor Douglas Henshall) is drunk and upset over former girlfriend Sylvia (Leana Headley) and her upcoming marriage in 48 hours to Dave (Mark Strong). In the rain, the wet and drunk Victor meets two Spanish sanitary workers, Don Miguel (Eusebio Lazaro) and Rafael (Gustavo Salmeron), and their Spanish poetry quotes cue special effects and time travel. Tossed
Jun 1, 1998 Wide
Oct 26, 1999
Watch It Now
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Without a rooting interest in our so-called 'hero,' one admires the invention of the film without necessarily enjoying it.
Audience Reviews for Twice Upon a Yesterday
- Victor Bukowski: Even if I could pretend that you never left me, I couldn't pretend I don't love her.
- Louise: Every time I come here, I feel like there's somebody else in the house., and i don't know what happened to you. and you've never wanted to tell me. But I can't compete with a ghost.
- Sylvia Weld: Relationships are like plants. They need air, they need breathing space. Otherwise, they wilt.
- Louise: Don't look for this years birds in last years nest. It's from Don Quixote.
- Dave: I basically grow plants and food. You make people grow. That's more rewarding.
- Sylvia Weld: Psychology is a fascinating journey on a dead end street.
Discuss Twice Upon a Yesterday on our Movie forum!