The Wild Geese (1978)
Average Rating: 6.8/10
Reviews Counted: 5
Fresh: 3 | Rotten: 2
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Nov 11, 1978 Wide
Average Rating: 3.5/5
User Ratings: 5,522
The plot of this of this adaptation of the Daniel Carney's novel, sprinkled throughout a series of extended Sam Peckinpah-inspired action sequences, deals with a collection of mercenary toughguys -- Colonel Allen Faulkner (Richard Burton), Lieutenant Shawn Fynn (Roger Moore), Rafer Janders (Richard Harris), Pieter Coetzee (Hardy Kruger) -- who are hired to parachute into the African bush country and abscond with deposed African president Julius Limbani (Winston Ntshona) and reinstall him as a
Nov 11, 1978 Wide
Sep 27, 2005
Col. Allen Faulkner
Lt. Shawn Flynn
Sir Edward Matherson
RSM Sandy Young
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Audience Reviews for The Wild Geese
- Witty: My, just look at you big bastards; what a bloody shame we can't be friends.
- Rafer Janders: I thought you were dead.
- The Priest: Looking at you and your guns, I am.
- Lt. Shawn Flynn: That's the best news I've had since I threw my lunch up.
- Lt. Shawn Flynn: I told you, I don't push drugs, ever. It's my religion.
Discuss The Wild Geese on our Movie forum!