[Rec] - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

[Rec] Reviews

September 13, 2017
Def not your run of the mill zombie movie. The remake is crap compared to the original. This is an awesome scary movie. One of the best found footage movies.
½ August 19, 2017
Very good movie. Fantastic pacing, pretty realistic acting, good makeup, good suspense, great jump scares. It was a very original horror movie.
½ July 24, 2017
Laughable. Never believable. It has all the realism of a Spanish soap opera and all the scares no money can buy. Not one of the better found footage films but has its fans.
July 24, 2017
Frantic and refreshing, this forgein horror is mesmerising on just how engaging and suspenseful it can be throughout. The realistic and postmodern approach works terrifically, never have I seen a found footage aspect ever better. Never showing too much or showcasing many horror tropes. The more frightening aspect of (REC) is the social commentary it holds in this day and age, not only the true story prevailing false news but the neglect of the public by both the government and themselves.
jamrcla
½ July 1, 2017
I'm not a fan of horrors as they bore me and are all the same but when I read that this film was supposed to be one of the scariest films ever made plus its got zombies in it I gave it a shot and I must admit it's probably the scariest film i've seen, It's done in found footage style so the scares on in your face, It's dark, Intense and gripping, The story is nothing new but when there's a zombie outbreak in a small block of flats it feels very claustrophobic and only makes the film feel more disturbing.
June 29, 2017
One of (if not) the best found-footage horror movie I've ever seen. REC is hauntingly creepy and feels so realistic that it will probably be hard for me to sleep after watching it.
June 19, 2017
Recommended to me by some friends.
½ December 28, 2016
The characters are just a little too crazy stupid for my tastes.
October 20, 2016
One of (if not) the best found-footage horror movie I've ever seen. REC is hauntingly creepy and so realistic like that it will probably be hard for me to sleep after watching it.
½ October 18, 2016
Saw the American version Quarantine with Jennifer Carpenter years ago, and its remained one of the scariest flicks seen to date, but to see the Spanish original, whew is surreal. Rent it and watch it this Halloween if you haven't seen it.
October 9, 2016
Not as intense, scary or original as I originally thought --I saw this first, blindly, in 2008 and gave this movie 5 stars at first -- upon rewatching it recently. But nonetheless, it's one of the first of its kind, and for such a short length, it packs in some genuine built up scares that are readily available despite the translation effects. It's better to know less about it in order to reap more benefits from it, but despite being an instant horror classic, I do think it has begun to show its age (It must be because of all of the imitations that have sprung since then).
October 4, 2016
Very well directed and executed. You feel like you are really there, and this is really happening. While just a few cliches do occur, for the most part, this film felt real. Even the ending was a huge shock. A+
October 3, 2016
Increiblemente aterradora y desesperante.Logro atraparme y hacerme estar en ese lugar con cada uno de los personajes.Wow que malo es vivir una pelicula de horror.Hacia mucho no gritaba y brincaba tanto.Tengo que decirlo hasta corri.
½ September 5, 2016
Quarantine is way better than this movie
½ August 18, 2016
ð?
[Rec] achieved the honorable highlight of being among the very, VERY few movies that scared the living hell out of me.
½ August 12, 2016
A true horror gem. Well placed jump-scares, mixed with huge amounts of anxiety for the main character turns this movie into one that will leave a mark.
½ August 6, 2016
Found footage use at it's finest, the film packs terrifying visuals, good build up, and decent gore into one tightly packed film.
½ July 14, 2016
With the intense plot and the use of shaky camerawork, REC has become one of my favourite scariest movies ever!
July 5, 2016
Great horror film! Well paced! Didn't find scary but a must see. Quite predictable though
July 2, 2016
Very well made and well thought out horror flick. Telling the tale of a two person TV crew who follow a small fire crew to an apartment where it seems all hell may just have broken loose. Eerie, and often genuinely terrifying REC is a must watch for any horror fan. Inventive, and stylishly made the perfect movie to scare the bejesus out of a friend with.