Heavy Metal Reviews

• Dec 23, 2020

Perfect little snippets. Great soundtrack!

Perfect little snippets. Great soundtrack!

• Nov 26, 2020

I love the description Rotten Tomatoes critics gave Heavy Metal: "Sexist, juvenile and dated." -So there's two contrasting ways to look at that. #1: It isn't any more sexist than anything else made in the 80s and under (probably two-thirds of the films considered The Best of All Time have some degree of objectifying women, let's be real) - It isn't any more or less 'Juvenile' -than any other stories who choose not to stick with the sheeple idea of a plot (especially ones featuring characters that are literally the scum of society) - And it's frankly LESS dated than some of the other films that get raving lunatics who form religions for them because of how in quote "Good" -they were (Casablanca's script by modern standards could be outdone by a toddler with crayons and a sheet of paper). Now, all of that said, there's also view #2: -It IS sexist, it IS juvenile and it IS dated. But that's the brand. And it's friggin awesome to watch people have sex with robots, and have their heads pop like zits when they get shot out into space. Haters be damned.

• Nov 03, 2020

Probabilmente la cosa più malata ed inquietante che io abbia mai visto. Non sapevo esattamente cosa aspettarmi ma il film mi ha davvero sconvolto, e non positivamente. Le animazioni sono goffe e veramente poco professionali, basate su disegni angoscianti al limite dell'inquietudine, sempre e comunque molto espliciti e volgari. Nel complesso penso che il film sia apprezzabile solamente sotto effetto di acidi.

• Aug 30, 2020

Weird terrible rated r animated movie. Too profound for me. Very boring.

Weird terrible rated r animated movie. Too profound for me. Very boring.

• Jul 14, 2020

As the thrill of the animation fades you relies how sexist it is.

As the thrill of the animation fades you relies how sexist it is.

• Jul 02, 2020

An antidote to the boring and mundane. Aggressively sexy, rude, loud and seedy. Emasculated wimps need not apply.

• May 17, 2020

who wouldnt enjoy heavy metal

who wouldnt enjoy heavy metal

• Apr 20, 2020

Honestly I think this one does not live up to the hype and the animation alone is enough to give anyone a seizure. What it does do very well, is show a certain cultural view point , almost an imprint of the late 70's ... a New York City in squalor and a dystopian view of the future. But by no means is this a great movie or Animation ... even for the 80's this was poor quality

• Mar 21, 2020

I saw this Masterpiece back in the 1980's when I was a kid and I enjoyed the movie but didn't quite understand it fully untill I saw it again when I was 17 and it always fills me with good memories of the best parts of the 1980's. I feel in my heart that this is by far the best movie of all time.

• Jan 16, 2020

The reason why HEAVY METAL rocks: Soundtrack!

The reason why HEAVY METAL rocks: Soundtrack!