Screwed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Screwed Reviews

½ October 4, 2016
can't really expect anything too serious from McDonald and Chappelle but they are both always funny. Danny DeVito was hilarious in his supporting role. Good for a quick laugh.
October 3, 2015
This is a movie that is dying to be seen. I laughed so hard when I saw this movie. Norm McDonald Dave Chapelle Sherman Hemsley and Danny Devito. These are great performances. See it this movie whenever it's on and grab it wherever you find it.
August 26, 2015
Being a big fan of Norm and a fan of Dave I like seeing them in anything. However, this felt strangely like a film that should've been made in 1989, not 2000. Stritch is great but the whole thing is a little clunky.
½ March 11, 2015
Dumb, but in the funniest way. Norm is not the best actor, but it's the hilarious suporting performances from Dave Chappelle, Danny Devito and the late Elaine Stritch that keeps this comedy going.
½ November 12, 2014
½ August 16, 2014
(First viewing - In my early twenties)
June 6, 2014
It's not a great movie but just look at the talent in the cast. This deserves so much more than a 13% rating. Like Dirty Work, the other comedy Norm stars in, you have to like Norm. You have to be okay with his complete inability to act. For me, that's kind of what I enjoy about his performances. Did you ever hear his line delivery in stand up? Dave Chappelle is kind of out of place here. I feel as though they wanted him to be Norm's idiot sidekick but he's not an idiot. So instead he's just Norm's black friend who hits people with desk lamps. He does the best he can with the material he's given but you can tell it's not really his style of humor that we've all grown used to so you can feel that he's being held back from doing something great. Lastly, Danny DeVito really shines here. He plays the same grotesque despicable character he always plays and is so good at. I found the dopey cops and the convoluted web of double crosses to be highly entertaining both on the level of parody as well as legitimate story telling. The only thing I'd say is that the first half of the movie drags a bit. There are definitely pacing issues that could have been tightened up but overall this is a good example of a competent movie. Definitely felt a little bit like a student project partially due to a low budget but also due to some amateur directorial decisions and oversights. Like maybe it was this director's first movie, I don't know I didn't look into it, but you can tell the script was good and you can just tell there is a lot of talent present.
½ May 28, 2013
good for a few laughs
March 31, 2013
Plus one star for Norm Macdonald.
½ January 22, 2013
Very funny film. Norm MacDonald needs to make more movies. From the writers of Ed Wood.
January 17, 2013
"SO THIS WHERE THE BITCH SLEEPS HUH?"
November 26, 2012
"Never trust a black man named Chip!"
September 28, 2012
One of the best movies I have ever seen in my life. So freaking funny!!!
½ September 23, 2012
On par with "Battlefield Earth" for worst movie of 2000.
August 30, 2012
This is a funny movie and one that kept me laughing all the way through. In this movie main character Willard Fillmore works for a harsh extreme old lady who runs a pie factory, she never takes anything in his life into account. Miss Crock treats him horribly. Then on a bad day Willard Fillmore can't take it anymore and decides to create a kidnapping of her dog with his friend and chicken joint owner Rusty P. Hayes. Right from the get go of this plan things are out of control, both Willard and Rusty lose the dog and Miss Crock thinks that it has been Willard that has been kidnapped. Willard and Rusty keep going with the idea, which causes way more problems then they can handle. An enjoyable film with great performances from the entire cast, this one will have you laughing from the ridiculousness. A 10 out of 10.
½ May 30, 2012
Screwed feels like sit-com characters taking a stab at a feature film. What saves this from being a complete disaster are the random laughs the actors are able to inject (most through use of profanity) into this awfully scripted film.
½ April 16, 2012
I have never laughed so hard....
April 1, 2012
This movie is unpredictable,crazy,neurotic and at times very funny. Norm MacDonald and Dave Chappelle work great together,and Danny DeVito is memorable for working with dead people.
½ January 8, 2012
Had it's moments but was boring and offered little humor. The movie was less than an hour and a half and yet I felt like I had been sitting there for two hours.
½ January 6, 2012
You might watch the trailer of this movie and think, "Whoooo cares?!" Any comedic benefits (laughter, giggling, etc.) from this movie can be credited to the actors. Danny De Vito is the most creepy, too, I love it.