The Invisible - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Invisible Reviews

½ August 15, 2016
Pretty good movie. Though the film was misadvertised as a mystery, the plot offers an interesting concept, the direction is solid, and Chatwin delivers a strong performance.
May 30, 2016
Hoooooboy. The Invisible is directed by DAVID S. GOYER and stars JUSTIN CHATWIN. That should be enough to scare people away from watching this "movie." I wanted to like it, especially after reading the synopsis. The premise is interesting enough that, with proper execution, it could produce a cult classic. This is also a remake of a foreign film. People, don't watch this one. Although it sounds interesting, it is poorly acted (Chatwin), sloppily written (Goyer), and generally uninteresting (Goyer, again). The film attempts to develop the antagonist, but she never feels like more than a one-dimensional annoying kid. The Invisible tries so hard to be more than it is instead of playing the hand it was dealt, and the result is borderline laughable. Chatwin has done worse (Dragonball Evolution....), but this is just cringe-worthy. AVOID!
December 16, 2015
A confusing movie start to finish. I won't spoil it but there's so many plot holes I don't know where to begin. The characters have no dialogue to make us feel for them and certain scenes seem to have no significance. Besides these facts it is a common plot which we have all seen and one no one has asked to see again
December 7, 2015
WOW......WOW....WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SUCH A BEAUTIFUL, BRILLIANT MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH A FANTASTIC CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE IT IS SUCH A POWERFUL DRAMA MOVIE 2 WATCH, BUT IT IS SUCH A BRILLIANT MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH A SUPERB CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE....... WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.......
½ December 5, 2015
The movie was pretty good however I think it would have been best not to have a love/romance theme in it. Just because the main character is a guy and the supporting is a girl is not grounds for them to fall in love in such a cliche way. Also I think this is Justin Chatwin's best work.
½ November 18, 2015
person wears hat - troubled
person takes off hat - redemption follows

somewhat questionable - still ..
½ October 23, 2015
Aika jännä... (Suom. Invisible - Näkymätön)
October 6, 2015
A head scratcher.....pure confusion with terrible acting and a dull plot and script.
August 31, 2015
It was ok. Very boring and the plot never really went anywhere
July 27, 2015
I really like the first twenty minutes or so up until the character "died" (or whatever the hell happened to him). From there, it quickly became about a rich emo kid that's really unhappy about his home life because his mother doesn't give him enough love or cares about him (or something or other). Somehow, we're supposed to relate to that. I didn't buy it at all because one, his father died five years ago and most people would've moved on; two, his mother isn't that bad; three, he ended up relying on his "killer" to find his body. Sounds confusing? Well, it kind of is but that's supposedly okay because it's a supernatural thriller. If the film had retained its great focus (as I said, the first twenty minutes of the movie), it could've been a really good movie about existentialism. Plus, the main character's poetry isn't half bad. I would've liked to hear much more of it. The lesson I took away from this movie is that emo kids don't have interesting stories to tell. (Okay, I think you get the picture that I hate emo kids.)
June 26, 2015
The mood and tone of this movie are exemplary, maybe I saw it at the right time in my life, but it stayed with me enough that when I watched it years later, I found it to be just as good, if not better then I originally thought.
May 7, 2015
My husband and I LOVED this movie!! It was suspenseful and gripping.
April 19, 2015
A psychological romance which had the potential for so much more but was full of unneeded scenes and unclear storytelling
February 17, 2015
OMG this movie looks soo good i love mysteries and justin chatwin LOL!!!!
February 6, 2015
A movie about that it is okay to kill a kid, get away with it and be loved for it...
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A mystery drama with very similar scenes/story as "Ghost" "Hollow Man" and more. The movie is nicely made and i really enjoyed it. Great music aswell..
September 9, 2014
this looks so good, but ill probably just rent it ;)
August 20, 2014
I personally loved this movie and was captured by the creativity of it and felt as if the characters were very well developed. As the movie progressed I really felt a connect with these characters and that's what made me really involved in this movie. I found it to be very well directed and personally have no complaints with this movie except for the fact that it was too good!
August 13, 2014
Retarded music video. Though "Mom, I'm dead" probably has one of the greatest deliveries ever...
August 13, 2014
From the synopsis it sounds very interesting...