Splice Reviews

• Nov 21, 2020

Just twenty minutes into the film I can say that I feel no fear watching, rather just anger and disgust at the female character. I can give kudos to getting a reaction out of me, however whether or not is was the reaction they expected is another thing. I can only appreciate the paradox that is a stupid scientist.

• Nov 08, 2020

Weirdly sexual and kinda Alabama vibes. Lots of plot holes

Weirdly sexual and kinda Alabama vibes. Lots of plot holes

• Nov 05, 2020

Baseless, needless in some of the more gruesome scenes and overall a waste of time. All of that stacks onto the erratic plot and ridiculous decision making the characters have, there's a difference between stupidity and suicidal, honestly, we all would've been better off if the protagonists had thrown themselves off a roof to spare us this subsequent dumpster fire.

• Nov 03, 2020

Besides rare performative rise, the horrific genealogic disturbance did not meet thrillingly piqued expectations due to only finding the act as a masquerade with the true unveiling skin bringing skin-crawling, gross-out discomfort. (C+)

• Nov 01, 2020

This is the review that this movie deserves. I don't know why everyone is acting like it was a genius movie. I made an account just to post this. Half of this movie could've stayed on the cutting room floor and it would've made no difference to the plot. The action doesn't start until 30 minutes before the end. To top it off I watched this with my boyfriend who is an engineer and he kept trying to understand the science part. Which is understandable because they spend the first 20 minutes of this movie explaining the science behind the splicing but it's ultimately gibberish and nonsense. Don't watch this if you're tired of hearing the pig squeals sound effects. Art makes you feel something and I guess thats art because I feel angry that I didn't watch The Fly instead SPOILERS: The person who wrote this movie has serious issues with both men and women. The entire movie, DREN is a female and she is a victim with no agency and easily manipulated. As soon as she becomes a male, she murders everyone and rapes. idk who sees the world like this but it's pretty sad.

• Nov 01, 2020

Genetic engineering gone way wrong. Splice had the ability to be a great sci-fi but ultimately underwhelmed for me.

• Oct 29, 2020

I decided to take a chance on Splice for lack of other movies to watch. I probably should have scrubbed my bathtub instead. Implausible and inconsistent, the high production value and the presence of Adrien Brody kept me watching. I had a huge problem with the creature, Dren, who is introduced looking very much like an armless, snake-headed alien species and grows into more of a human with a few CGI effects for legs and laughable wings. Very poorly created compared to all that is being down with creature-creation in the movies these days. As for the story, it's quite boring- even the obvious efforts to be shocking and edgy fall flat. You would do well to pass on this polished-looking bomb.

• Oct 28, 2020

Stupid writing and dumb characters. Splice doesn't come off as a good horror.

Stupid writing and dumb characters. Splice doesn't come off as a good horror.

• Oct 22, 2020

An overlooked and under appreciated Sci-Fi cult classic. Delphine Chaneacs performance as Dren alone is worth the viewers time and effort. Does the film deal with topics that are both ethically and socially taboo and that some people will find offensive? YES! Good! That's what a movie of this type is supposed to do and it does it very well.

• Oct 15, 2020

Horrible. Quite possibly the worst movie I've seen. It made me feel sick to my stomach to watch. Seriously, I wish I could erase it from my brain. Critics praise "Splice" for being 'out of the box' and 'daring' but really it's just a fucked up remix of the age-old Frankenstein's monster cliché, but wowzers! This time it includes incest, rape, and monster-fucking. It's a half-ass attempt to "push the boundaries" where the result is just a pretentious, nauseating film that no one should ever watch. If you have any respect for yourself, pls don't watch this movie. Goddamn.