The 13th Warrior Reviews

• Sep 04, 2019

Best Viking movie hands down, the critics are idiots.

Best Viking movie hands down, the critics are idiots.

• Aug 06, 2019

This movie is a classic mix of two cultures. Throw away any costume or historic indifferences and enjoy a movie that explores the journey and discovery of becoming your own man in such an environment. With basis on the tale of Beowulf I do wish they had developed more character but it is there in inference and subtlety. People will talk about the production problems etc. But I knew none of that when I first watched it and it quickly became one of my cult favorites. This movie also shows how you can tell a story by as much as you do OR don't say. I wish it was a bit longer and I do wish for a re-edit. But that will never happen, so enjoy what it does give you and remember the days of how a tale was told.

• Jul 18, 2019

Its really not as bad its scores suggest. For a movie was in developmental hell, it outperformed what most thought it would become.

• Jul 13, 2019

This movie is so much better than how it has been treated. it's Beowulf , for my money best Banderas movie ever made

• Jul 04, 2019

I had no idea what was going with the plot. I know there was an Arab and some bear people and some Vikings.

• Jun 21, 2019

One of my favorite movies. History, action, suspense and some great lines! Quotes for days!

• Jun 17, 2019

Surprisingly good, drawing on both 7 Samurai / Magnificent 7 as well as Beowulf. I've watched it recently years later and I am still very positively impressed by many aspects. Superbly cast, good script and solidly performing script. WELL DONE.

• May 13, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I thought the cast really worked well together and it showed. Different take of a Viking saga well acted and good cinematography. Unfairly received by critics should have done much better

• Apr 19, 2019

One of my favorite movies of all time. Good acting, action and pace. Hard to see how you could be disappointed if you're into this genre.

• Apr 13, 2019

A poorly directed and mediocre epic that aspires to be something bigger and better than it really is and the only thing I found that was most engaging was Jerry Goldsmith's rousing score which conveyed the amount of excitement the overall film could have had.