Beowulf & Grendel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beowulf & Grendel Reviews

½ August 14, 2015
Not a very well made really.
½ January 21, 2014
Well done, but hard to understand. No subtitles available, so why certain things happened aren't really clear to me. But, the attempt at storytelling was really good..
½ October 22, 2013
Terrible! Far from the actual story of Beowulf and Grendel. A troll?!! are you serious??? Grendel was never a troll. They also took Grendel's mother out of the story. 2 hours of my life wasted.
September 25, 2013
It was ballsy to try to work with this but that doesn't excuse the failure.
June 5, 2013
lol, my movie of Beowulf has to be WAY BETTER!
March 4, 2013
Good Anglo-Saxon epic poem...
But bad movie.....!!
February 19, 2013
This is movie that I can safely pass on watching.
December 18, 2012
Based on a legendary and mythical poem and filmed in marvelous landscapes from Iceland--Bizarre, beautiful tale!!
½ December 7, 2012
Beautiful country, interesting story and deep message about understanding to each other........
November 20, 2012
Tried it for 45 minutes. I just couldn't get in to the poetry.
½ September 26, 2012
Lacks in appearance and more.
September 12, 2012
possibly interested. gerarl butler
August 26, 2012
Why is Gerad Butler playing Beowulf he was in 300 he doesn't need to be Beowulf
August 19, 2012
I guess I'm biased. I've never seen a Beowulf film I disliked
½ July 30, 2012
It doesn't really fallow the story but I liked the fact that it showed a possible reality to things-- but it did throw in a bit of the magic. So it would have been nice if they stayed with one thing or the other.
July 8, 2012
More than a little long winded and drawl. I had high hopes for this one, but I actually found myself fast forwarding through the movie; an awful script coupled with even more awful acting.
*I literally felt like an epileptic wanting to watch a movie I know I'm not supposed to because of the warning at the beginning about and flashing lights!*
½ June 15, 2012
So unbelievably terrible that it's worth a watch.
½ June 12, 2012
Half a star only for Gerard, whose fault it isn't that this movie blows so much.