Boys on the Side - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Boys on the Side Reviews

½ April 23, 2015
Crap.....though I tried not to but damn it if this tear jerking chick-flick didn't rope me in.
October 1, 2014
Wednesday, October 1, 2014

(1995) Boys On The Side
DRAMA/ COMEDY
September 15, 2014
One of THE most underrated, underappreciated movies of all time. Stellar performances by three stellar women. Whoopi Goldberg shines as Jane; Mary-Louise Parker radiates as Robyn; and Drew Barrymore sparkles as Holly. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll wanna watch it over and over again.
½ July 6, 2014
3 women from 3 different walks of life end up in Arizona together to start over in their troubled unsatisfying lives. Friendship & love find each of them as they blossom in their new environment.
May 22, 2014
After just losing my sister, cried my arse off!
April 29, 2014
Awesome cast, and an awesome movie. A cool insight on how friendships can be made out of the oddest, yet unique life situations. Funny moments thru the movie, and a "tear jerker" to boot...
March 1, 2014
Jane (Whoopi Goldberg) is a night club singer, out of work. Robin (Mary-Louise Parker) is a quirky real estate agent looking for a ride-share to accompany her to California. Her advertisement is answered by Jane, who at first was uncertain about her. A stop in Pittsburgh picks up a third, Holly (Drew Barrymore), escaping a violent and drug-dealing partner. Girls on the road, reaching understanding, respect, and care for each other. But this trio is different - Jane a lesbian, Robin suffering with AIDS, Holly running from her past, seeking one-night stands and a good man.

also stars Matthew McConaughey, James Remar, Billy Wirth, Amy Aquino, Dennis Boutsikaris and Jude Ciccolella.

directed by Herbert Ross.
November 30, 2013
The lead actresses have charm and have solid chemistry together. While not being overly memorable, it's passably entertaining.
October 1, 2013
Love this Movie and I can't find it anywhere
May 16, 2013
One of the best "chick flicks" ever
½ March 16, 2013
Loved these three actresses together in this film but not sure if the theme has now been over worked (however, the reference to Thelma & Louise was priceless) but bearing in mind that it is from 1995 and I'm just seeing it now. Anita Gillette was wonderful in the role of Robin's mother and there were a couple of scenes from this movie that, despite the overall melancholy, had me laughing out loud.
February 6, 2013
Yeah it was alright, definitely a chick flick.
January 28, 2013
A Fabulous movie about sisterly love and friendship.
January 14, 2013
One of my all time favourite movies, nuff said!
January 2, 2013
I love this film, although its a weepy so can't bring myself to watch it too much. The cast is amazing and you feel for all of them.
December 7, 2012
Could watch this sometime if i can find.
November 26, 2012
This movie is so good and always makes me cry
September 19, 2012
i like this movie because its not one of those typical road trip movies. it has a nice story and the characters were well-developed and well-acted. the soundtrack is also worth listening AND buying. ^-^
August 30, 2012
Heartbreaking but beautiful and funny too. A good all-rounder.
½ August 11, 2012
An effective and strongly performed drama with heart.