Bright Reviews

• 2d ago

Great Movie. Would love to get more on the back story or history of the "universe" its story comes from.

• Oct 07, 2019

This movie left a bad aftertaste. There was so much I cringed at: Will Smith's lackluster acting, the ham-fisted racial commentary, the glossed-over prophecy subplot, the out-of-character dialogue and decisions, etc. I didn't understand Ward's relationship to the nurse character in the beginning or why he hates mythical creatures. I didn't understand why the police force was so corrupt and willing to murder fellow officers like nothing. I didn't understand why the elf girl didn't just speak English when they first met her (her reasoning being that she didn't trust Ward and Jakoby right away, even though she was still talking to Jakoby in Elvish anyway). I didn't understand why Jakoby goes on the long rant at the hospital in the end where he just flat out admits everything when a trained police officer would know not to give up information and incriminate themselves or their partner. I felt like this movie had a great concept that was completely wasted.

• Oct 03, 2019

Took to abstraction some classic power dynamics. At an absurd level. Physchic battle. Writing requires several nuances. Race Class are effectively deconstructed and the playful plastic surface feel of the film allow the viewer a certain comfort in knowing the lack of precision it suggests. Like large foam limbs covering sore strained knuckles. The question of whether he orc is certainly a Chicano will be the scale by which the film is ultimately judged.

• Oct 01, 2019

Music was on point, not really a big fan of the storyline.

Music was on point, not really a big fan of the storyline.

• Oct 01, 2019

I side with audience with this movie. It is the critics loss for giving this only 27%.

• Sep 30, 2019

Great movie! Waiting for the 2nd part

Great movie! Waiting for the 2nd part

• Sep 29, 2019

Critics dont know what they are taking about. Only thing keeping it from 5 stars was that it was too short.

• Sep 26, 2019

The craziest thing about this movies is that 84% of the audience liked it....... Good idea, terrible delivery.

• Sep 24, 2019

Loved the movie ! Would love to see a sequel with a more in-depth view of this fascinating world they have created .

• Sep 19, 2019

It would be 5 stars if they could extend it more like the action is ok but like give like a brief description of the beginning like where does the weapon and the guardian Comes from and why is happening now in the present