Clear History - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clear History Reviews

½ July 3, 2016
Silly and somewhat funny adventures of the guy that passes up millions and love because he is too opinionated, psychopathic, and criminal on occasion. Uneven acting. Some bits are a bit predictable.
June 14, 2016
As someone who loves Curb Your Enthusiasm but doesn't want to watch it for a fifth time, I thought this was a fun "Curb Your Enthusiasm Lite" to pass a chilly Spring evening. It was a reasonably entertaining film, a decent dose of Larry David and a good temporary fix while we wait for the 9th season.
March 25, 2016
Continuing The Fine Art Of Mockery Of The Mishap, Larry David Revels In Rivalry & A Bit Of Misery As He Explores The Art Of Losing Out..Dis-Gracefully. He Isn't Ashamed To Take You To The Place Of Behaving Badly, This Time He Brings Afew Star Actors Along For The Cameo Ride & It's A Pleasure To Watch It All Unfold, Explode Or Break In Two.
October 5, 2015
"Clear History" es una película de HBO protagonizada por Larry David ("Curb Your Enthusiasm") acerca de un hombre que por caprichos deja pasar la oportunidad de su vida. Los que estamos familiarizados con el humor de David ("Seinfeld"), sabemos de su obsesión por perdedores egocéntricos a los cuales su mundo que los rodea se viene abajo como un juego de dominó sincronizado. Esta cinta dirigida por Greg MOttola y escrita por David no es la excepción. "Clear History" es muy divertida y ayuda tener en su elenco a gente como John Hamm, Michael Keaton y Bill Hader.
September 19, 2015
It's a HBO movie starring Larry David. You either love or hate his brand of odd humor, alongside some sticky situations, as per Seinfeld. I found it hilarious. Excellent cast too.
½ August 29, 2015
There was some funny parts, it was ok.
August 25, 2015
Larry David being Larry David. Yeah it's funny and awkward but it doesn't offer anything I can't get by watching old episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I didn't want to compare it to Curb because that's what everyone is going to do, the problem is when you play the same character over and over it leads to comparisons. I almost didn't give this the extra Michael Keaton star but I did because you know... He's Batman...
August 22, 2015
It's Larry, for God's sake!
½ July 18, 2015
Big fan of Curb, and this was basically a movie version of Larry David's character, and it did not disappoint me. Good supporting cast including Michael Keaton and Jon Ham.
July 12, 2015
It's funny, but not as great as I anticipated being from Larry David.
½ July 4, 2015
The Seinfeld like banter lives up to the Larry David brand.
June 17, 2015
By far, one of the best movies seen in a while. The dialog is spot on and never over the top. A great way to spend a couple of hours without feeling let down in the end.
May 24, 2015
DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT THEY GOT THE GAL CHARACTERS NAMES MIXED UP. IT WAS WENDY THE SKINNY BLONDE WAITRESS THAT ORIGINALLY IS THE GAL THAT
BLEW "Chicago" BUT A COUPLE OF TIMES THEY REFERRED TO HER AS "JENNIFER' THE EVA MENDES CHARACTER THEN AFTER THAT EVEN AT THE VERY ENDING OF THE FILM GOT THE NAMES MIXED UP. BUT WHO CARES, IT GAVE US THE CHANCE TO SEE LARRY DAVID AGAIN AND ENJOY HIS QUIRKY HUMOR. BUT COME BACK TO HBO LARRY WITH CURB THATS WHERE YOU BELONG.
½ May 20, 2015
gr8 cast really brings the funny in a Woody Allenish kinda way.
½ May 16, 2015
This is a 2013 HBO film that has a great cast, but is one of the worst & most irritating films I have every seen. Larry David is just horrible. I am so glad it was from the library & didn't cost a cent. I did give it half a star because I did laugh twice!
½ April 25, 2015
Larry David playing a very Larry David-ish character living on Martha's Vineyard Massachusetts. He has altered his appearance and changed his name to hide the fact he made an embarrassing business decision years before which cost him a billion dollars. His hidden identity comes close to being discovered when, 10 years later, his former boss starts to build a house on the small island. A lot of very funny dialogue and great comedic actors (including Danny McBride having some Kenny Powers-ish moments). The ending is great, exactly what you'd expect by something written by Larry David.
½ March 16, 2015
One of the amazing things about Curb Your Enthusiasm is the way they are able to juggle multiple jokes and story arcs during the course of each episode/season, and masterfully make everything come full circle by the end. This has a lot of good performances and cameos, but a lot of the jokes fall flat and the overall cohesiveness of the movie is nothing like what Curb fans have come to expect from LD. The concept is good, but the story kind of stalls and it ends in a way that leaves a lot to be desired. The efforts used to make this movie would have been so much better placed if it were towards another season of Curb rather than this movie.
½ March 4, 2015
I love how everything turns for the worse for Larry David. Just like watching Curb Your Enthusiasm.
½ February 27, 2015
Not that funny. Not that good. Why did I waste my time?
½ February 20, 2015
Very few laughs.....sort of a enlarged Curb episode watered down.