Dead Man Down - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead Man Down Reviews

November 18, 2017
the plot was maybe a little more complicated than I was expecting from the trailer but well worth following. The action sequences were not as interesting as the personal relation and interaction between Farrell and Rapace. As I have come to expect, Noomi Rapace got into character completely and put in an intense yet subtle performance.
½ October 28, 2017
A little too meandering, slow for my liking, though Farrell is great.
½ August 17, 2017
With a convoluted beginning, an ending that felt somewhat rushed and out-of-sync with the rest of the film, and a general feeling that it isn't sure whether it wants to be an action movie, a dark thriller or a romance, 'Dead Man Down' certainly isn't great. Having said that, it does have its moments with Farrell, Rapace and Cooper doing all of the heavy lifting and, between them, managing to prevent it from being too bad, although it is forgettable, at best.
July 28, 2017
Decent noir thriller, nothing noteworthy or original, as the plot goes pretty much down the path you expect it to. It's engaging enough as it is though. The two leads share a remarkable chemistry that boosts the quality overall.
June 18, 2017
O roteirista J. H. Wyman inicia com uma premissa simples e a esticá sem incluir nada de atraente ou interessante, o tema vingança se desenrola em uma história muito simples que não excita ou oferece nada de novo, sem falar que termina de forma boba a previsível.
½ May 22, 2017
For a film that deals with gangsters, crime, revenge and the violence that results this an awfully boring and by the numbers film that has no originality, is cliched, has no unique vision and is utterly devoid of any thrills or humour. Despite it trying to make you care about the characters I had no emotional attachment to any of them despite liking the cast. The action though decent has nothing worthy of note. The score is bland, the narrative is plodding and I just wanted it to end.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
October 2, 2016
Plenty of shooting. Not very tense as you know what is going to happen.
September 17, 2016
Terrific performance by Terrance Howard! Howard should have actually been the co-star of this movie, who the f_ck knows a Noomi Rapace anyway! Anywho, the movie is Four stars hands down because of Howard and Farrel.
September 2, 2016
Best of the Midweek this one ! Thirth trey to watch it ....this time seen without falling in a coma , and loved it !
July 22, 2016
The movie looks great and has some fun action scenes, but that can't help it escape its boring, lifeless script, uninteresting characters and mediocre performances.
May 13, 2016
Colin Farrell kicks ass in this movie!
½ April 6, 2016
Didn't keep my interest despite the cast.
½ March 18, 2016
An excellent movie for those who enjoy a story that makes them think. Those who judge a movie on the number of car chases, explosions and deaths per minute probably won't enjoy it.
½ December 23, 2015
Takes forever getting started And once it does its a pretty average thriller. Great cast and lots of twists but comes off silly with Collin Farrell have Die Hard like abilities.
½ November 29, 2015
11/29/2015: A decent flick. The cast was very good and the story was interesting.
½ August 27, 2015
Wish I could 2hrs of my life back
August 19, 2015
Ok action but to long not great story feels like I saw it before
August 3, 2015
Great cast. But the movie was very dull and boring. It moved at a slow pace. Tried to like it but I couldn't.
July 23, 2015
Was just eghhh. Couldn't really get into this one at all. Nothing new at all, nothing really that made me go wow or anything unexpected. Just kind of there for me.