Ecstasy Reviews

Nov 20, 2016

Trainspotting it is not.

Trainspotting it is not.

• Jan 02, 2015

I really like Trainspotting and Filth, both films based on novels by Irvine Welsh, but this much smaller film based one of his novels couldn't come close to being as good as those other two. It basically felt like a cheaper, poorer made version of Trainspotting as it used some of the same effects, unfortunately Ecstacy doesn't have the cast, director Danny Boyle, or even as a good of a story as Trainspotting does. There were parts that I liked and it has a decent soundtrack, but overall this film really pails in comparisons to the other two Welsh films that I've seen.

• Dec 12, 2014

Comparisons To 'Trainspotting' Made Some 15-Years Prior Is Inevitable..Different Drugs, Different Focus, Same Low Budget..This, However, Is The Lesser Known Cousin...& With Pretty Good Reason. It's Shyte!!!

• Sep 17, 2014

A horrible and blatant attempt to emulate a Trainspotting type film. None of it works and the least believable part is Kristin Kreuk.

• Aug 21, 2014

If he'd made this before trainspotting I would understand. Should have been better.

• Feb 25, 2014

a major let down, does not do Irvine Welsh justice

a major let down, does not do Irvine Welsh justice

• Oct 14, 2013

I was quite disappointed to be honest. I loved 'Trainspotting' but didn't find this film to be as interesting or as good.

• Oct 08, 2013

This movie is 14 years out of date, it looks like Trainspotting, it feels like Trainspotting ... the film goes by the same forula as Trainspotting. It is painfully obvious and total PISH by the way. The plot is piss, the characters are lame. " set against the backdrop of Scotland's drug-fueled dance scene " ??? LOLOLOL, shut up - what drug-fueled dance scene ! ? yeah maybe 14 years ago, but hello it is 2013, this movie came out in 2011 ....As I said this movie is 14 years too late! lame lame lame, Kristin Kreuk gets major lame points, her character is shallow.. kinda like a grave

• Oct 02, 2013

Lame attempt to turn later and equally lame works of Irvine Welsh into stylized and interesting cinema. TRAINSPOTTING was brilliant. But this 21st Century movie is just bad.

• Sep 17, 2013

If you are looking for ecstasy's equivalent for what Trainspotting was for Heroin, then this is not the film. Human Traffic did it and thirteen years earlier.