From The Ashes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

From The Ashes Reviews

½ May 25, 2013
This is a very in depth look at one in cricket only for England. I was only a kid at the time, but i do recall Ian Botham being a huge personality at the time. And what a man. What a comeback. Watching this has made me now want to get into cricket
½ April 26, 2012
The story of one of the greatest sporting comebacks, and interesting just for this, but it is virtually the same as a BBC documentary made 15 years earlier.
April 23, 2012
Makes you proud to be English.
½ August 8, 2011
Watched the day after the Tottenham riots, deep into a Conservative services slashing government, , Man City at Wembley in all sky blue - losing, it feels like 1981 all over again. Great job of the iconic Botham's Ashes series by Erskine and team, the docu carries a strong sense of narrative and resists the temptation to be too political by allowing Botham's "Roy of the Rovers" cartoonish persona shine through. Great Brearley portrait and terrific talking heads. Rollicking optimism to a knowing soundtrack.
½ July 18, 2011
Fantastic memories made even better by the fact that I was there in Taunton that summer and saw Botham between the tests when he returned to play for Somerset
½ July 8, 2011
Britain was shit in 1981
May 16, 2011
Spectacular sporting entertainment.
May 12, 2011
a film on cricket???? how bloody boring
½ May 11, 2011
This is an excellent documentary. It captures the mood of the summer of 81 perfectly and shows once again how big a contribution Ian Botham made to an excellent Ashes victory.
May 10, 2011
Even if your not a cricket fan, well worth watching.
May 10, 2011
Well i can hardly contain my excitement about this one ! (no thanks ) .