GoldenEye - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

GoldenEye Reviews

½ March 27, 2017
GoldenEye brings a swathe of style back to the 007 franchise thanks largely to a 6 year break for the ageing spy. The movie itself is perhaps not as cohesive as some of its spectacular sequences and its uber-suave star is not showing his full hand so to speak, but it is a remarkably stylish entry in the series and excels as escapist entertainment which in a 1990's context, was sorely needed. Plaudits too for some of the most exquisite looking Bond girls in the series!
½ February 15, 2017
A well directed action movie and definitely Brosnan's best Bond movie, but it's too long and the "romance" between Bond and Natalia felt forced and completely unnecessary.
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 29, 2017
GoldenEye has become a bonafide classic in relation to the other films within the Bond franchise, and that title is very much deserved. Great action mixed with a coherent plot of lies and espionage make this entry memorable, while Pierce Brosnan proves be a capable, suave and debonair version of James Bond.
January 4, 2017
160603: 17th Bond Film. Izabella Scorupco was the highlight of this Bond film. My seemingly never-ending unhappiness with Bond films continues. 3 only based upon my giving License to Kill (1989) a 3.
December 24, 2016
one of the best James bond movie's of all times and we more of onatopp killing people during sex
December 17, 2016
Bronsnan's first and best turn as 007, the action here is varied and imaginative, the villains memorable and the plot decent. Eric Serra's score gives the movie a very updated feel, not all of which is appreciated by the fans. After initially disliking it, it has really grown on me over time. Not quite as strong a debut as Daniel Craig would later have but a fairly solid one all the same.
November 21, 2016
best James Bond movie I've seen
November 7, 2016
Many people say that this is the best Pierce Brosnan Bond Film. Now I haven't seen the other Brosnan films in a couple years but I would say that I have to agree with the masses. Goldeneye feels like a classic bond film set in a new modern age. Everything from the new technology, a female M with Judi Dench, and the experimental soundtrack. This film does tone down the action set-pieces for more spy-work. Not to say that there isn't action. The opening scene in the Soviet Chemical Plant was intense with two of the most amazing stunts. Pierce Brosnan plays a good James Bond. He was the first James Bond I was introduced to so he has a special place in my heart but looking at him now, I can tell that he is a tone-down version of the previous actors. Not as classy as Roger Moore and not as bad-ass as Dalton. But he gets the job done with the support of two of my favourite bond girls. Xenia Onatopp and Natalya Simonova. Both aren't just damsels in distress. Both are active characters who actually contribute to the plot. Overall. A very solid bond picture.
November 4, 2016
Maybe its my unprecedented love for the video game adaptation, but GoldenEye is a real treat. It's just purely entertaining.
½ September 15, 2016
Brosnan is totally outclassed by Bean. The best thing is the song
September 5, 2016
My personal favorite of the Bond franchise. It had some of the best chase scenes in the entire franchise with its tank scene some great espaces by brosnan such as the one in the begining when he catches a plane midfall only to save it to the sound of the James Bond tune. Pierce Brosnan puts in an amazing performance as 007, (my favorite bond actors best performance) Sean Bean puts in a great performance as 006, Famke as Onatopp and Izabelle as Natalya i overall like the pacing of the movie and i love the plot it is one of the best. I really recommend you watch this movie and hopefully enjoy it.
½ August 11, 2016
Taking his turn as the propheted secret service agent, Pierce Brosnan rocks the tuxedo in the swaggering show of confidence which is none other than Goldeneye. By far his best movie, Brosnan breaks the 'average' Bond streak with an exciting, poignant, and substance-filled action movie... a real treat.
½ August 7, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: The characterisation and grittiness are what makes this film more exciting than certain Moore era Bonds, but it's Brosnan's intense performance that brings those elements slightly above the tone of Tim Dalton. Match these tropes with some of the best action sequences in the series and you've got yourself a worthy and exciting re-entry to the series.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Not only because of it's convoluted plot - outside the big moments, this film isn't quite at the top of the franchise because it slightly lacks the light hearted-ness we got from the Moore Bonds, or the touching sentimentality we got from Dalton.
VERDICT: In the end, thanks to Pierce Brosnan, 'Goldeneye' is extremelly thrilling and exciting. It's just a shame it lacks any real heart to make it that engaging all the time.
August 3, 2016
This is tied at number one for my favorite 007 adventure and I argue that it's the second most important film in the franchise behind Goldfinger.
½ July 29, 2016
9 out of 10:

GoldenEye modernizes the Bond franchise with style. It's an action packed adventure with plenty of thrills, if not for its few flaws.
½ July 27, 2016
Brosnan seems to bring a little of Connery's humor back to the series. The only problem I see here is that there is too much down time. 6 years after the last one, the effects are much better. It's just not as exciting.
July 24, 2016
Outstanding action. Realistic fighting. Great Soundtrack. Brosnan's best bond film. Just a bit more over the top than I would like...
½ July 23, 2016
Although it's kind of tedious and hard to say whether or not it's the best Brosnan film, GoldenEye can be thanked for relaunching the series after a six-year hiatus.
July 18, 2016
The revival of Bond (Again), Goldeneye spawns Pierce Bronsnan as his best with a awesome video game to back up the incredible action