A Goofy Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Goofy Movie Reviews

½ December 13, 2017
While not perfect, this film is wonderfully charming. This movie was my entire childhood, but I was worried going in to it again if it would be as good, but its still amazing and I watch it all the time
November 13, 2017
After seeing this movie over 20 times I have come to realize that this masterpiece is my favorite Disney movie of all time.
½ November 11, 2017
Definitely a timeless Disney cult classic.
October 24, 2017
One of all Disney fans favorite movie of all time, I really like this movie when I was a kid :3
½ October 22, 2017
The first time I watched this I thought it was decent enough. I find myself really enjoying this film more and more every time I look at it
September 5, 2017
Big part of my childhood!
½ August 5, 2017
Even though Goofy's one of the best characters in American animation, A Goofy Movie is not Disney's best movie with a weak, incoherent script and lazy writing. I agree with the critics, this movie seems to combine wilderness culture like fishing, camping and Bigfoot through Goofy and then 1990s-like pop music concerts and rebellious teen youth culture through Max, though those 2 components don't really go well together.
July 23, 2017
Greatest Disney movie EVER
July 12, 2017
a goofy movie is a fun,summer feeling movie with great writing and funny humor that the whole family will enjoy
June 16, 2017
I bet the 90s were awesome!
June 12, 2017
Total classic. Cute, clever, funny, touching and fun all the way through. The comedy is ageless and the original songs are a blast. Not sure where all these curmudgeons are coming from. This is 90's gold in its purest form.
May 19, 2017
Literally the best movie ive ever seen. Amazing soundtrack, really STANDS OUT. If you dont agree, maybe we just dont see I TO I.
½ May 7, 2017
Despite being a painfully obvious product of the 1990s, this movie has an enjoyably upbeat soundtrack, a likable cast of characters, really good animation, and a MUCH better-executed father-son relationship than what Chicken Little had.
May 4, 2017
Funny, sweet and emotional. It's really touching and surprisingly one of the best all-around Disney movies. (First viewing - Childhood)
May 2, 2017
It's about the '90sest teen Disney film ever made. So there's obviously lots of nostalgia involved for someone who grew up in that decade. But even putting that to one side, I enjoyed the film then and I enjoy it now. The family drama is instantly relatable, and the conflict between the fun-loving but, well, goofy Goofy and his more uncomfortable son Max is something everyone can understand. And I think everyone has experienced that moment when they came to the realization that their old-fashioned parent-child bonding time just wasn't working anymore. Because relationships change. They have to.

So the characters are great and the drama is excellent. The overall plot is basic but serviceable. The only real problem with the film is that they force in these big musical numbers that aren't very good and have no real place.
May 1, 2017
Who likes Goofy!!! I know I do how silly dose he have to be really silly and that's the best part of it! For people to enjoy this movie there where great songs in this movie and I'm a fan of this movie!! Go goofy!
½ April 18, 2017
A wonderful animated feature based off of one of my favorite cartoons from the late Disney Afternoon! It's sad that most people consider this to be underatted. I believe there's heart and soul to be found here, not only for the laughs. It's what I love about Disney, the relationship between the characters which they create!
Yes, I agree with some people that Pauly Shore was not that good here, but he isn't too distracting!
March 18, 2017
This is just ok. This is one of Disney's most disappointing movies that they have ever made. Not that I was expecting much, it's just that it's disappointing that Disney can make a movie like this. Usually you have high standards for Disney movies but don't have one for this movie because this completely misses the mark of that high standard we expect from Disney. At least this film wasn't as bad as it could've been. Sometimes the movie's silly slapstick humor can bring up some laughs but it could've done better. The story is just a typical road trip cliche and is kinda entertaining but not at all close to the amount of entertainment other Disney films have. The music isn't very catchy or very good like other movies. The animation looks bad but it could be better with an increase in quality. Overall this is just a decent Disney movie that is pretty disappointing in many ways but is no where near close to the worst Disney movie of all time.
March 9, 2017
It had a lot of Heart, Great music, AMAZING animation, and even some slap stick comedy. Exactly what I would expect from ANY movie with Goofy.
February 26, 2017
I saw this in the theater when it came out in 1995.. its a great memory for me. Goofy's son Max is headed out of school for the summer. He's amped up to see a concert by Powerline.. Only when he gets home, Goofy decides on a fishing trip dashing his plans.. The chaos that ensues is fun, will he make it to the concert without upsetting Goofy too much? I loved the soundtrack.