The Greatest Game Ever Played Reviews

• 4d ago

Very heartwarming story. The fact that it's true makes it that much better.

Very heartwarming story. The fact that it's true makes it that much better.

• Feb 16, 2021

One of America's all time best Cinderella stories...only reason it isn't 5 stars is some of the "liberties' Hollywood took with the original story and the book.

• Nov 03, 2020

Superb! One of Disney's best live-action offerings up until 2005. It's yet another sports drama from the studio, one of many still to come too, but it's a cut above their previous live-actions releases in this subgenre; even beating 2002's 'The Rookie', which I like tremendously. I love every detail of 'The Greatest Game Ever Played', which is about a true story. The score is splendid, the cinematography is excellent and the premise is riveting - even to someone like me who isn't a follower of golf. There are a few scenes that use effects, namely with Vardon, which look neat. Vardon is portrayed by Stephen Dillane, who is terrific in the role. Stephen Marcus plays Ted Ray, he's another top performer as is Josh Flitter (Eddie) - the latter brings some amusing humour to events. The film's star, however, is Shia LaBeouf. He does a grand job as Ouimet, he produces the goods in all of his scenes. I'm already a fan of LaBeouf's, so I'm glad I can add another one of his characters to my memory. This did not feel like a 120 minute production. Great pacing, great film. Highly recommended!

• Sep 30, 2020

It's the early 1900s and the sport of golf is on the rise Disney Channel's Shia LaBeouf is Francis Ouimet, he dreams of playing professionally but he starts as a caddy When he has a chance to compete in the 1917 tournament he's also fighting against class prejudice Matters not if you're rich or poor it's your love of the game that matters and builds character This is great for golf fans and sports lovers

• Jun 27, 2020

The movie e managed to make golf increadible....

The movie e managed to make golf increadible....

• Jun 27, 2020

The script worked really well at building emotion, even if the performances weren't as strong.

• May 08, 2020

Arguably the greatest golf movie ever made, and without doubt the late Bill Paxton's masterpiece as a film maker. As a sports movie its imaginative cinematography, masterful pace, razor sharp cuts/editing, and player psychological imagery, make this film rise way above the typical pastoral approach to filming golf and make it delightfully exciting! The film score is memorably and expertly matches films excitement. As a story, the script and dialogue is captivating and really makes you care about the protagonists and antagonists. That fact it is a True story makes it perfect. Stellar casting and performances.

• Apr 24, 2020

This is a inspiring story with great direction from the late Bill Paxton and great performances with the Disney magic.

• Mar 26, 2020

A movie about class status. Good guy wins.

A movie about class status. Good guy wins.

• Feb 10, 2020

A clique feel-good sports movie... which lives up to the challenge!

A clique feel-good sports movie... which lives up to the challenge!