Groundhog Day Reviews

• 4d ago

A remarkable movie which makes a very good job in showing you the psychology of a man who trapped in the same day. The balance of humor and seriousness was well adjusted that it never bores you.

• Apr 22, 2021

Just an alright movie.

Just an alright movie.

• Apr 21, 2021

Interesting to see Bill Murray play such a sarcastic ass. He's acting as if he's an exec or something. He's just real bitter towards life but of course with that Bill Murray charm we all know and love, its hard to hate his character. This is like Twilight Zone meets Truman Show. I can already tell that the whole reason for him having to relive the same day is so that he can learn to become a better person, be nicer to others and figure out what it is he should actually be doing. I love this movies humor. All the colorful and charming characters, even the extras like the two armored bank truck guys who were kind of like The Stooges. Murray's really clever with his humor. Holy shit! I couldn't believe that was Michael Shannon! He's so young and charismatic. And Andi McDowell, she's really cute and charming. Has a very genuine feel about her I find attractive. She's almost angelic, like some kind of fun goddess or something lol. Definitely kind of dark when he kills himself everyday using different methods. I mean what would you do if you were in that situation? It's like a nightmare you have to relive every day. But with everything in life, it's the way you view it - your out look on life. The movies main message and moral is that you have to be honest and true to yourself, and to also learn from your past mistakes so that you can better yourself. Groundhog Day asks a rather interesting question: If you had to relive the same day over and over again, how would you do it? So beautiful the way he tries to make that old man's life the best since he knows he's going to die. Buying him soup and a whole meal. Really sweet movie that wears its heart on its sleeve. A hilarious feel-good romantic comedy with some clever philosophical and spiritual themes. I loved this movie and I'd watch it again in a heartbeat!

• Apr 03, 2021

I liked it in the past but I just couldn't get into it in 2021. I don't think it has aged very well. It's a lot slower than I remembered.

• Mar 31, 2021

One of Murray's best and delightfully funny with a romantic touch.

One of Murray's best and delightfully funny with a romantic touch.

• Mar 27, 2021

Watched this movie 100 Times!Great classic!

Watched this movie 100 Times!Great classic!

• Mar 16, 2021

Maybe it's the fact that it's the first time I've seen this and that I've already seen any number of time loop movies the reason why I didn't fully enjoy it. Maybe they were pioneers on this formula, but for me is nothing new and to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this time loop thing. Every single movie is the same. This unbearable and annoying guy (in this case Bill Murray) wakes up every morning and it's the same day as yesterday. The clock reaches a certain time, the loop starts again, with one or more characters retaining the memories from the previous loop. He starts being a good guy, enjoying life, being nice to people, and the time loop stops. Yes, there are some special moments, laughs, Bill Murray being annoying until he's not, yes, you will have a good time, but definitely can't consider this one of my favorites (as I read much of you do).

• Mar 04, 2021

There's a reason Groundhog Day was the opening-night film in 2003 for the Museum of Modern Art's "The Hidden God: Film and Faith" series. No matter what god we believe in, there is a spirituality about Groundhog Day that taps into our core beliefs. And no matter how terrible Phil acts or what he does to himself -- to the point of trying to kill himself -- it's still funny, too. It's a combination that few movies have ever really captured.

• Feb 27, 2021

I didn't watch this movie until 2021 and I didn't get what I expected. I found myself crying multiple times throughout the movie. I thought it was going to be a silly 90's Rom-Com but it reached me more deeply than I imagined it would. This is now one of my favorite movies of all time. It was thoughtful, funny, heartwarming, and thoroughly enjoyable.

• Feb 16, 2021

The movie is so funny because Bill Murray keeps living Groundhog day!!!!!!!!! Also, he is the movie's funniest star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!