The Grudge 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Grudge 3 Reviews

July 9, 2016
This hapless addition to The Grudge series just about tries and just about fails at every turn. It's watchable but for Ju On, that's nowhere near enough.
February 22, 2016
This movie is the proof that making any Grudge movies without Takashi Shimizu and Takako Fuji is pointless. The complete transition of Ju-On curse to Chicago didn't work out as well, cursed house in Tokyo is essential, at least partially. Movie was not scary, nor terrifying - rather full of cheap jumpscare sound effects. Ghosts were pityful (Kayako's moves went through a really, really bad speed-up), and the "cliffhanger" was very cliché, total copy of the one frome "The Grudge". Maybe two scenes contained bloodless, "weird" Asian scare, and it proves that more blood is not the way to improve horror flick, not about Ju-On. I will not watch any other american Grudge movie without involvement of Shimizu-san and Fuji-san, period.
January 18, 2016
im a horror fanatic and i love horror sequels. The grudge 1 and 2 are both excellent ghost stories. but the grudge three...... dont get me started with the grudge three. this movie features terrible acting, terrible directing, terrible makeup effects ( The ghosts look different and worse ) fake blood ( the first one and the second have little if no blood at all ) and outrageous story telling. The grudge never made theaters like the first two and it shows and now its decided to go R unlike the first two pg-13 movies. If your a fan of the first two make sure you never see this movie. and i mean never.
½ May 14, 2015
So bad it's laughable...the worst in the series!!!
½ April 10, 2015
It's more of the same, but with less style and appreciation. The story is about the same as the last two, and the setting is less interesting. More gore, but less scares. The characters are no improvement.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
The first grudge movie was pretty good and had many scary moments but now there are so many similar flicks like "The Ring" "One Missed Call" etc.. so u get used to them. They are still tho enjoyable and grudge 3 are a well made sequel overall like the 2nd was. Not much to say , if u like grudge you will probably like this one aswell. Not as much as the first flick but enough value for a sequel.
½ November 12, 2014
A boring and illogical sequel. 26/100
October 20, 2014
Better than what you'd expect for a direct to video flick!
July 20, 2014
i hope they will make 4#
May 30, 2014
Better than the second one, although hampered by a direct to video budget.
April 9, 2014
I love horror movies!!! oh..... this one scares me a little bit.......
April 9, 2014
Just watch the Japanese versions. America has made a visceral mess with this series.
March 13, 2014
The plot was a bit good but however it didn't scare me so for me this is the worst The Grudge movie.
March 4, 2014
Really bad. 1.9/10. D.
½ February 2, 2014
1.5/5 - Seemingly direct-to-video. Takashi Shimizu's first two movies in the American cycle of Ju-on movies were classy, scary affairs. This one is very dull, slow, and boring. Then end scene was the only horrifyingly good things going for it, but a single scene does not a movie make.
½ January 24, 2014
Bad until the end, which was actually pretty good.
Still, bad. 3.4/10. C-.
½ January 23, 2014
There are bad horror films that are still fun to watch and then there are bad horror films that completely waste your time. This one falls into the latter category. I'm so pissed that I actually sat through the whole thing. Longest 91 minutes of my life. No atmosphere, no stakes being raised, no good characters...this movie was flatter than my heart rate during the entire film. This film is a disgrace to the Grudge series and a blight on horror cinema in general.
½ January 10, 2014
Terrible. Simply just awful.
December 25, 2013
The scares in The Grudge 3 may not be top notch, but is a pretty entertaining installment in The Grudge series.
½ December 8, 2013
One of the worst films I've ever seen. It truly sucks.