Highlander - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Highlander Reviews

½ May 16, 2019
I loved thestoryline but Lambert can't fight with a sword.
½ May 14, 2019
You have to appreciate the creativity and absurdity of the film. It's a heck of a lot of fun even if it is very over the top.
May 5, 2019
I remember back in 1986 when the film was released, it was fresh and the story of Connor MacLeod (Christopher Lambert) and his journey from the time he was killed in the Scottish highlands in 1536 to the present day (1986) was one which fascinated me.

The immortal Highlander was on a journey for a fight for his life, the only way his immortality could be ended would be for his head to be removed, gruesome sounds I know, but nothing gory in this 80s movie.

In the end, "There can be only one", a battle through time for the ultimate goal, "the prize"!

Highlander may have had four sequels, firstly the awful 2nd movie with its storyline that the "immortals" came from another planet, thankfully the "Renegade Version" was released some years later on DVD that was a much better cut of the film.
May 4, 2019
Entertaining, and good soundtrack by Queen, but fails at being heroic or romantic
April 30, 2019
One of the best Fantasy/Action movies available. I love the plot, I love that the movie draws from Myths and Legends from the past to construct an amazing lore for this movie which has only grown and expanded with time. Plus Clancy Brown as the Kurgan stole the show I gotta say he's in my top 2 of movie villains behind Vader. I highly suggest this movie for anyone looking for an amazing story.
½ April 4, 2019
Though very campy, over-the-top and cartoony in some sequences, Highlander is nonetheless an epic fantasy adventure in time and settings with a solid score, some terrific sets and memorable imagery. The acting can be shaky, but its villain is very effective. The concept is great and the movie is quite solid and memorable, but it could have been much better overall.
March 21, 2019
Great unique story of good verses evil with a touch of love.
March 14, 2019
Great Classic Film!!!!
March 10, 2019
yep, i love this movie cause its cheesy
March 8, 2019
The original is one of the best Sean Connery movies ever made. I loved this story and the acting.
February 23, 2019
what a fucking banger
January 25, 2019
This movie is awful. Our lead, Christopher Lambert shows little to no emotion or personality, our villian goes from evil but cool to goofy, the romance is forced and comes out of nowhere and the conclusion is one of the worst I think I've ever seen. I won't spoil it encase you want to watch it but they could have put anything else as the reward for winning and it would have been better. I can't go through all the problems but trust me its bad. To give the movie credit the action is pretty ok, the idea is fun and the flash backs to his old life do let us understand his character more but that doesn't make up for the mountain of other problems.
December 4, 2018
This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. It sparks the imagination of the viewer. As I watched it I remembered all the legends, myths and folktales I read and heard about growing up. Clancy Brown steals the show with his entrance in the movie. His first appearance dressed in an armour set that is akin to Nightmare from Soul Calibur. Plus his brutish personality and dark humor make him one of the best movie villians of all time. Add to that Connery as Ramirez and Lambert as MacLeod. Their mentor/student performance reminded me of Yoda and Luke from Empire Strikes Back. This movie is my favorite Fantasy film with a hero/villian final conflict that is on Par with Chuck Norris and David Carradine in Lone Wolf McQuade.
November 27, 2018
Loved this movie, have watched it many times, great soundtrack by Queen. Clancy Brown is amazing.
November 22, 2018
"There can be only one!"

And if it comes to the Highlander movies there can be only this one. Forget about the other.

Clancy Brown as Kurgan is woth the money all by himself. "Nuns. No sense of humor!"

One of my all time favorites!
½ September 18, 2018
This is a great movie. Rightly considered a cult classic and it also has an amazing soundtrack. If you haven't watched this yet, you need to fix that,
September 12, 2018
This movie did not age well. The music is pretty good, but the graphics are dated and the acting cheesy.
½ June 25, 2018
I loved this film as a kid, was one of my constant watches on VHS, Hell I even watched the abomination spin-off TV series. On repeat viewing you can't avoid the meagre budget, laughable casting of Connery as a Spaniard/Egyptian and Lambert as a Scotsman. That's not too mention how dated and cheesey it is, oh and I hate Queen. Did I still love it? Yes! Ha, ha! It's great fun and actually the underriding concept is still a great idea. Will no doubt still happily watch this again. WHO WANTS...TO LIVE...FOREVER!!! THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!
June 18, 2018
One of the classics with great story and sound track. Very enjoyable.
Only wish they'd have thought about prequels back then.... as a sequel just couldn't work (and it really didn't)
April 22, 2018
The movie may be dumb but i still enjoyed the sword fights and the effects of the character being immortal. Queens soundtrack is by the way awesome in this movie.