Hobo With a Shotgun Reviews

• Jun 20, 2020

Rutger hauer, very nice music... I liked it.

Rutger hauer, very nice music... I liked it.

• Jun 15, 2020

Not especially clever but Hauer makes the exploitation sendoff watchable.

Not especially clever but Hauer makes the exploitation sendoff watchable.

• Apr 02, 2020

It can feel a bit cheap and grotesquely excessive, but the unrighteous vengeance against the evil and the degenerate can be Immensely satisfying. A wonderful homage to the genre with a bit more heart and competence than most. A pretty stellar soundtrack for those into vaporwave or 80's inspired synth-wave.

• Jan 27, 2020

Best movie ever !!!! Go see it now

Best movie ever !!!! Go see it now

• Jan 20, 2020

Anyone who loves a good B-Movie Exploitation film that doesn't consider this a 5 star movie is just insane. It goes beyond homage and elevates the genre with it's precision level of filmmaking. The overall tone of the movie and the stark contrasting colors in it's cinematography perfectly balance the exploitive and over the top violence and characters with the more genuine and earnest moments of the movie thanks to Rutger Hauer's phenomenal performance. There is definitely some great bad B-level acting coming from many of the characters and mostly the extras, but his performance carries so much of the emotional weight that I would never expect from a movie called Hobo With a Shotgun to even have. I don't mean to imply the film is super deep and has some kind of message to it. At the end of the day it's a story about a homeless man that shoots bad people with a boomstick. But rather than make it some kind of parody or just being lazy with it's presentation, the movie strives to be the best version of itself that it can possibly be. For me that makes it a damn near perfect film as far as exploitation goes.

• Nov 26, 2019

Absolutely awesome. Cast, screenplay - all there

Absolutely awesome. Cast, screenplay - all there

• Nov 22, 2019

One of the best movies of its year.

One of the best movies of its year.

• Nov 06, 2019

Made with love & absolutely batshit crazy! It's like a horror comic brought to life!

• Sep 19, 2019

A violent and shocking film that should be watched with caution. Definitely recommended for the brave that enjoy over the top gore and edge

• Sep 05, 2019

This move went down a weird road, but I enjoyed it.

This move went down a weird road, but I enjoyed it.