Hobo With a Shotgun Reviews

• Sep 05, 2019

This move went down a weird road, but I enjoyed it.

This move went down a weird road, but I enjoyed it.

• Jul 25, 2019

Great fun with some memorable quotes and a lovely 80s art style, worth a couple of watches in my book.

• Jun 24, 2019

A perfect type of "For What It Is" movie. If you can accept the movie for what it is, you could have a decent time. I mean, it's called Hobo with a Shotgun, if you expect an arthouse drama, you're going to be utterly disappointed. It goes over the top, and by that I mean it skyrockets over the top with extreme gore, profanity, violence, pitch black humor and does not give a shit and if you're into that, than this is your movie.

• Mar 17, 2019

Hobo with a Shotgun is a bit of a let down as there are many missed opportunities for the movies to shine further but if your looking for an insane, exploitative, and over the top gore fest this should satisfy.

• Sep 27, 2018

A fun ride from beginning to end!

A fun ride from beginning to end!

• Sep 11, 2018

A Great Low-Budget Gory movie shot in Halifax

A Great Low-Budget Gory movie shot in Halifax

• Jul 11, 2018

This homage to the 1970s grindhouse flicks is really flawed. Although Rutger Hauer, who also starred in the chilling The Hitcher (1986), delivers some kickass shoot-outs, the acting in this film is fucking terrible and absurdly over the top. But what really annoys me is the sloppy screenplay, it could've been a dramatic and entertaining dark vigilante film. But instead, it tries to be an insane dark comedy, and although it does have a bit of heart to it, it just doesn't work. If it wasn't for the excessive, outrageous gore, I don't think I would've even watched it. I think they should've just left it a Grindhouse (2007) trailer...

• May 22, 2018

Not sure if this was ment as a social commentary in any way, but it can be taken as one. Crimes rules the city and no one does anything. That's basically what we're headed towards as criminals get slaps on the wrists with little jail time ESPECIALLY if they're juveniles. Those criminals especially juveniles go on to commit more heinous crimes. So no one does anything but bullshit talk in our world. In this fake imagined world it's left up to those with nothing to lose to become vigilantes and kill the criminals themselves. Poignant film about our society along with tons of cool practical effects, old school film vibes, and great filmmaking and acting with Rutger Hauer

• May 18, 2018

This is a very shrill film. A hook punctures your gut and a lunatic drags you along for an hour and a half. It's a love letter to 70's-80's action flicks and an absolute classic. I really can't praise this film or its cast enough. But like I said, it's very shrill and intense and disturbing. It may not be for the faint of heart. but it's got the biggest set of balls on any action flick I've ever seen.

• May 18, 2018