Howling VI: The Freaks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Howling VI: The Freaks Reviews

July 6, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
½ June 8, 2015
This was actually the first Howling film I've ever watch because a friend let me borrow it.
Now after watching the original and a couple of the sequels, I still think it's pretty awful, but unlike the previous sequels, it's a little bit entertaining.
March 6, 2015
This is probably the most fun entry since the second film minus the ineptitude. It's surprisingly charming in its characters and delivers its monsters with horrific glee. Possibly the best sequel in the series.
½ April 3, 2014
The world is full of freaks and you're not one of them.

A drifter moves into a small town and settles down, starts making friends, and becomes kind of a source of positive energy for the community. A strange circus arrives in town that specializes in its freak show. The freak show is led by an eccentric man and the people in the freak show are interesting. When the freak show meets the drifter, they quickly want him for the show. Can the drifter expose the freaks and their misdeeds?

"Don't move or I'll shoot your dick into the next county."
"Then I certainly won't move."

Hope Perellp, director of Pet Shop and St. Patrick's Day, delivers Howling VI: The Freaks in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture is actually kind of interesting and I loved the insertion of the freaks into the plot. The werewolves pieces were actual not overly done and I actually enjoyed this picture. The cast delivered average performances and includes Brendan Hughes, Michele Matheson, Sean Sullivan, and Deep Roy.

"People will bow down to you out of respect."

I started watching these films again off Netflix and I can say the last couple are my favorites. This is only an average horror picture, but the settings of the last two pictures were well selected as were the horror elements. I would watch this if you're a fan of the horror genre.

"You see the devil, you shoot him. Any questions?"

Grade: C
½ June 29, 2013
Perhaps not the worst Howling movie--that is probably IV or V--Howling VI is still another piece of crap in a piece of crap franchise. Only the first film is really any good. IV tries to be original by moving the franchise into a sideshow setting, but it is certainly not Tod Browning's Freaks. Mildly entertaining, Howling VI may be a slight improvement in the series, but overall, it is still boring, unsurprising, unsuspenseful, badly acted, and poorly conceived.
½ April 19, 2013
You'd think werewolves,circus freaks and Bruce Payne as the bad guy would just scream AWESOME!!!!!! Come to find out not so much. You know a direct to video horror movie is going to suck when they have "Huggy Bear" aka Antonio Fargas as a main character in it biting the heads off chickens. Some of the effects are very cool here for an early 90's low budget effort but the story just forced me to scratch my head wondering wtf was going on. I couldn't stand the main character at all and his whiny 90s sensitive guy who turns into a werewolf routine got old very quick
. The female lead was just a piece of ass to look at, nothing more nothing less. Bruce Payne was pretty good here for what he had to work with but you got the feeling he was cashing a check for sure. The freak parts were pretty much the highlight here because I'm into that kinda stuff.This however was like mixing a movie like FREAKS and the first HOWLING into a blender with some pointless shit thrown on it.
The story barely makes any sense at all, with characters who are as wooden as a cigar store indian.
If you want a good example of some decent 90s practical effects on a low budget this might be for you, but if you want a cohesive story with a clever plot, eh you might want to look elsewhere. I'd say the best way to watch this is if you really want to document the downward spiral of the howling series and notice it kinda ends here. I have heard they rebooted the series or are working on another installment for what reason I'm still not sure of, but Watch this after you've seen the first 5 for the ultimate Cheesy low budget werewolf experience.
March 6, 2013
My sixth visit to "The Howling" franchise wasn't my worst! I feel the two previous films have been the better sequels! It's interesting to see a film franchise take an element in so many different ways and keep coming up with unique and unusual ideas to make great films... Unfortunately the stories always have major promise, but they never deliver on screen the way they should... This is no exception!
February 17, 2013
This 1991 movie was trash! The werewolf in this movie did look like nothing like other werewolfs in the last few Howling movies! You think you'll see a werewolf but instead you get a wolf man. Then they have Bruce Payne(From the movie "Warlock 3) to play a evil vampire which he fights the good wolf man. SMDH Showing a vampire and wolf man fight has nothing to do with the Howling! They should have stopped doing the Howling movies right after the 4th Howling film.
½ October 28, 2012
This is my third favorite in the series. I love the freakshow atmoshere that this movie brings and the guy playing the vampire is amazing.
August 18, 2012
Nothing like the film series at all!
½ June 17, 2012
Not good at all vampires in a werewolf film
½ June 12, 2012
Decent film, adding much to the "Howling" mythology by introducing freaks and vampires into the mix for the first and onlly time in the series.
April 22, 2012
probably the worst of the series it was a poor story and bad acting accompanied by bad effects make this a waste of time
½ January 15, 2012
It's the worst horror franchise of all time, plain and simple.. and the worst is still to come.
TheDudeLebowski65
December 8, 2011
Howling VI: The Freaks is yet another garbage sequel that continues the trend of making inept, unimpressive and poorly constructed "entertaining" sequels, which in the case of this sixth entry, is not. This is a mediocre sixth entry, and like every sequel in this franchise is really a pointless effort. This film had an interesting idea, unfortunately the execution is sloppy, and the end result is a sequel like all the other films in the series. The idea was interesting, and if the screenwriters actually would have taken their time to create a good script, maybe this film would have been pretty good. Unfortunately this franchise is plagued with awful, pointless sequel designed to purely cash in on the success of the first film. The sequels of this franchise are all bad, and none are really entertaining. Some have decent ideas for plots, but none are good horror films that actually thrill and scare the viewer. This is really the case with this sixth film, good idea for a film, poorly crafted, directed and acted make this a dud of a film. This film scraps the bottom of the barrel of bad ideas, and though this phrase has come up quite often for my reviews of this franchise, it's quite true too. I shouldn't say this is really a bad idea for a film, just maybe a poorly constructed sequel that is dull and boring. This film looks cheap and feels cheap. Once the credits roll, you are relieved it's over. The potential of this entry is wasted because the screenwriters don't know how to effectively build a good story. Yet another awful Howling sequel.
October 27, 2011
Una nueva entrega de la saga mas extraña de la historia del cine. Extrañamente, a medida que se succeden las partes, cualquier parecido con la gloriosa primera parte se va diluyendo cada vez mas. En esta incluso se integran otros monstruos mitologicos como los vampiros(prueba irrefutable de que la serie B lo invento todo mucho antes de la estupidez actual que lleva por nombre una parte del dia). Mas historia, algo mas de presupuesto(tampoco demasiado) y un poco mas de mala baba para acabar entregando una buena pelicula. Disfrutable serie B.
½ October 24, 2011
August 19, 2011
There is very little to recommend in this dull, but watchable sixth entry in the Howling franchise.
February 2, 2011
Definitely my favorite of the Howling sequels. Love the werewolf vs vampire storyline and the carnival setting.
WrenchLT
January 30, 2011
A definite improvement upon the last two sequels, even though it gets off to a slow start it's pace is electrifying compared to the previous entries into the series. Though it's not a great film at least it try's to be different and more interesting as far as the plot goes.

The movies low budget is apparent and the acting by some is very poor with the exception of Bruce Payne, who, as always, does the business at playing the villian superbly. And though the budget of the movie was limited, the make-up effects seem to have been done pretty well.

It's one of the stronger "Howling" sequels, but still an average movie.