Ice Age - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ice Age Reviews

April 4, 2017
My chilhood is refelcted on this masterpeace
but the sequels... xD
April 3, 2017
O.K. Not nearly as good as Monsters Inc.Not very memorable. Animation excellent.
March 28, 2017
Love this film its just amazing.
March 20, 2017
Very enjoyable, but too bad they kept making more.
February 28, 2017
Ice age (2002) - Is the first animated feature made by Blue Sky Studios, and it may just be one of their best. The story did kinda remind me a little bit of "Monsters Inc" and maybe even "Shrek" but I always believe that you can tell a story that has been told before as long as it's creative, fun and most importantly smart. I really like the prehistoric setting and the way they get creative with the animals. some of them aren't even real animals but they are so stylized that they feel like they fit in this world. Even the jokes can be kinda clever sometimes but I could think of a couple that weren't really that funny but at least it felt like they were trying to be funny. The animation can also be admirable, but sadly I don't think it really aged that well. Given credit this was the studio's first movie but compared to the CGI movies around the same time, it almost feels kinda cheap and sort of ugly. At the same time I really do think the animation on the characters is very well done and the backgrounds are so massive and stylistic that most of the time it disguised the cheap animation. The characters are likable and maybe even a little lovable sometimes. Sid is intentionally annoying but has a good heart, Manny is a grump because of a surprising tragic backstory and Diego at first has goals to achieve his evil mischief but over time becomes something that even he didn't expect to become. I really like how the all of them feel so uncomfortable at first but slowly and yet awkwardly warm up with each other and even the baby which they need to bring home. There's even a couple moments where my heart sank and they really are sad. The one scene that got me the most is the backstory of manny as it probably explains a lot about his personality. The last character to mention is Scrat, he has practically become the mascot for Blue Sky and I can definitely see why. Every time he's on screen he's either getting himself into grave danger or just finding a place to store his Acorn and it's freaking hilarious. The music does a nice job with doing upbeat and dramatic sequences. They even include a pop song which would sound tedious and unneeded but it works because it actually matches the tone in the movie and admittedly it is very catchy. This movie was a great start for the studio. The animation might not have aged well as some of the other movies of the early 2000's and unfortunately this movie did lean the way to make too many sequels, but that really makes me appreciate the original movie even more. (A-)
February 21, 2017
I love Ice Age, it's one of my favourite movies of 2002
February 9, 2017
It's Animation Aged poorly and it's hideous to look at. the movie has nothing original aside from a few Laughs...
February 3, 2017
A very nostalgic, funny, and enjoyable animated movie. It also has great characters with terrific voice acting for them.
December 24, 2016
Pretty good movie, good animation, good story, good characters, and good acting
December 20, 2016
Ice Age is a film released in 2002. The film features a mammoth, a sloth and a sabre toothed tiger taking care of a Native American baby. The performances are great and fantastic. The sequels will be reviewed later.
December 9, 2016
Great first Blue Sky. Now stop making sequels!
December 3, 2016
Decent film, with average animation. The series definitely gets better with time.
November 25, 2016
The first Ice Age film series to start the film very well.
The animation is a little clumsy, but pretty good.
The plot is inventive and expenditure entertain comfortably.
Humor is also good.
November 10, 2016
Unlike many family movies, Ice Age has emotional heft and balances it perfectly with the light-hearted humor.
November 5, 2016
It was kinda boring, and not as funny as the others, but it has a kinda great plot and interesting elements that the others lack. And the animation is slightly horrendous, still a good movie; but Scrat was hilarious. The main characters are also nice .
½ October 5, 2016
With a very well period of time of Neolithic life, Ice Age delights children and even teach them about history culture with funny moments and jokes. Cleverly
October 1, 2016
An innovative original and Blue Sky's first film. While I was largely influenced by Disney as a child, Ice Age was a fundamental classic of mine and how I first got to know the studio itself. A well produced storyline mixed with good, adventurous music. Great slapstick humor and side jokes throughout, making it one of the better animated movies comedy-wise. Well thought out and quite an epic and heartwarming adventure while also a memorable beginning for the studio and the entire 3D animated scheme.
½ September 3, 2016
Seen it yesterday again in 7 parts again , couln't take my eyes open again , didn't quite seen the finale....but seen 2 times before , know it's big fun & Cool . SOMVIDEO
August 26, 2016
Nice animated movie going in different direction
August 26, 2016
Surprisingly, I cared for a bunch of lighthearted and witty talking animals.