Ice Age - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ice Age Reviews

½ December 10, 2017
Clever, funny, innovative, Ice Age is a movie that will please both younger and adult audiences because of its cheery characters and plot twists.
September 4, 2017
Not entertaining for me but kids will like it
August 26, 2017
Ice Age does not really aim to be original, rather opting to bring family-friendly humorous animated feature, which it succeeds in doing very well.
August 4, 2017
With it's strong story, filled with allot of heart and humor, and highly lovable and memorable characters, "Ice Age" will entertain both kids and adults, but adults might appreciate it more.
July 26, 2017
It's a really inovative story, cute characters and entertaining animated movie!
½ June 20, 2017
The animation is dated, but you can tell that they put a lot of effort into this movie. It's funny, charming, and surprisingly memorable. A great first effort from Blue Sky!
June 18, 2017
Chato, muito chato. Ice Age refaz um drama amplamente conhecido e muito utilizado nos últimos tempos, ou seja a chance de você se surpreender é quase zero, a parte cômica também não traz nenhuma novidade, ou seja essa animação é um passatempo falido, por que a ausência constante de personalidade incomoda muito.
June 1, 2017
Full of good humour and fun characters, Ice Age works as a satisfactory kids tale.
May 2, 2017
I'm not a fan of this movie but maybe others will like it
April 27, 2017
After watching "Ice Age" for the millionth time, I have to say it has a really nice moral.
The storyline was amazing...beautifully written by Michael Berg, Michael J. Wilson & Peter Ackerman, the screenplay was awesome & the depth of emotions this movie had to offer was just fantastic.
All of which make a great movie.
April 4, 2017
My chilhood is refelcted on this masterpeace
but the sequels... xD
April 3, 2017
O.K. Not nearly as good as Monsters Inc.Not very memorable. Animation excellent.
March 28, 2017
Love this film its just amazing.
March 20, 2017
Very enjoyable, but too bad they kept making more.
February 28, 2017
Ice age (2002) - Is the first animated feature made by Blue Sky Studios, and it may just be one of their best. The story did kinda remind me a little bit of "Monsters Inc" and maybe even "Shrek" but I always believe that you can tell a story that has been told before as long as it's creative, fun and most importantly smart. I really like the prehistoric setting and the way they get creative with the animals. some of them aren't even real animals but they are so stylized that they feel like they fit in this world. Even the jokes can be kinda clever sometimes but I could think of a couple that weren't really that funny but at least it felt like they were trying to be funny. The animation can also be admirable, but sadly I don't think it really aged that well. Given credit this was the studio's first movie but compared to the CGI movies around the same time, it almost feels kinda cheap and sort of ugly. At the same time I really do think the animation on the characters is very well done and the backgrounds are so massive and stylistic that most of the time it disguised the cheap animation. The characters are likable and maybe even a little lovable sometimes. Sid is intentionally annoying but has a good heart, Manny is a grump because of a surprising tragic backstory and Diego at first has goals to achieve his evil mischief but over time becomes something that even he didn't expect to become. I really like how the all of them feel so uncomfortable at first but slowly and yet awkwardly warm up with each other and even the baby which they need to bring home. There's even a couple moments where my heart sank and they really are sad. The one scene that got me the most is the backstory of manny as it probably explains a lot about his personality. The last character to mention is Scrat, he has practically become the mascot for Blue Sky and I can definitely see why. Every time he's on screen he's either getting himself into grave danger or just finding a place to store his Acorn and it's freaking hilarious. The music does a nice job with doing upbeat and dramatic sequences. They even include a pop song which would sound tedious and unneeded but it works because it actually matches the tone in the movie and admittedly it is very catchy. This movie was a great start for the studio. The animation might not have aged well as some of the other movies of the early 2000's and unfortunately this movie did lean the way to make too many sequels, but that really makes me appreciate the original movie even more. (A-)
February 21, 2017
I love Ice Age, it's one of my favourite movies of 2002
February 9, 2017
It's Animation Aged poorly and it's hideous to look at. the movie has nothing original aside from a few Laughs...
February 3, 2017
A very nostalgic, funny, and enjoyable animated movie. It also has great characters with terrific voice acting for them.
December 24, 2016
Pretty good movie, good animation, good story, good characters, and good acting
December 20, 2016
Ice Age is a film released in 2002. The film features a mammoth, a sloth and a sabre toothed tiger taking care of a Native American baby. The performances are great and fantastic. The sequels will be reviewed later.