Ice Age - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ice Age Reviews

½ October 7, 2016
Great first Blue Sky. Now stop making sequels!
½ October 5, 2016
With a very well period of time of Neolithic life, Ice Age delights children and even teach them about history culture with funny moments and jokes. Cleverly
October 1, 2016
An innovative original and Blue Sky's first film. While I was largely influenced by Disney as a child, Ice Age was a fundamental classic of mine and how I first got to know the studio itself. A well produced storyline mixed with good, adventurous music. Great slapstick humor and side jokes throughout, making it one of the better animated movies comedy-wise. Well thought out and quite an epic and heartwarming adventure while also a memorable beginning for the studio and the entire 3D animated scheme.
½ September 3, 2016
Seen it yesterday again in 7 parts again , couln't take my eyes open again , didn't quite seen the finale....but seen 2 times before , know it's big fun & Cool . SOMVIDEO
August 26, 2016
Nice animated movie going in different direction
August 26, 2016
Surprisingly, I cared for a bunch of lighthearted and witty talking animals.
August 18, 2016
A very fun movie for the kids as well as adults. While the animation hasn't aged well at all, the story certainly hasn't and is still a great film to watch.
½ August 15, 2016
Ice Age is arguably the best film in the franchise as the fact that its the first film would suggest (Most sequels never manage to live up to the first film). The animation looks good (albeit crap when compared to later animated films including the sequels to this film), its funny, Scrat the saber-toothed squirrel steals the show, and the film also has a few touching moments at times. To cut a long story short, Ice Age is generally one of the most entertaining computer-animated films of all time which Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar or DreamWorks Animation had no involvement in whatsoever.
½ August 14, 2016
Ice Age is a good watch, with funny characters. Sort of like how Eli Manning is a good NFL player but not as good as his brother. In this case a brother to Ice Age may be Shrek.
August 11, 2016
ice age has a kind of weird comedy only kids will laugh at the characters are too serious for my taste expect that weird looking fella that is annoying and the squirrel like creature and also the animation looks like something like a cutscene from a wii game but there are some really cool moments this movie can offer
August 7, 2016
Its a Shrek ripoff with poop jokes but somehow it still feels like it is an okay movie, even if there are poop jokes.
August 5, 2016
This is better than the fifth one that came out 2 weeks ago.
½ August 5, 2016
The idea of a cynical loner gradually warming and becoming best friends with, a comic relief character in a journey of self discovery is very similar to shrek so in that respect ice age is nothing new but it's other details that make ice age stand out. The film goes into much darker territories than films in the pixar and dreamworks cannon by exploring death not in a weepy way but as a tool for revenge something that has been previously been unexplored to this level and as well as this there were incredible moments of poignancy such as the beutifully crafted cave scene which will make even pixar worry. Say what you like about the sequels (I'll probably agree) but this is a beutifully and often underated animated classic in it's own right.
August 2, 2016
A timeless classic for all age groups.
½ August 1, 2016
best movie by the minds of blue sjy
July 29, 2016
7/27/2016: a good movie with some funny moments.
July 27, 2016
finally got to finish it. was better then i thought it would be
July 27, 2016
It's a fun movie for kids, and boasts some good CGI. That being said, there's not really much more to this. Kids will love it though. I should know, because I liked it as a kid myself.
July 27, 2016
Recently rewatched this movie and it is still the best of the Ice Age movies. The animation for some reason does not hold up well. But the story here was unique at the time and the original core charcters were great. I also love the heart they had in the film. Too bad the sequels have just been rehashes of the road trip storyline. This could have been a special franchise now it is just a joke.
½ July 26, 2016
I feel like this airs on TV because it's on DVD