Incendies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Incendies Reviews

December 26, 2017
A powerful and emotionally disturbing movie that won a nomination for the 2010 Best Foreign Language film. Rated 93% on RT. It was difficult to watch but was worth it.
December 23, 2017
M-F

8.5

[Denis Villeneuve]
December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 8.0

La técnica visual y narrativa son magistrales. Incendies cumple su objtivo de contar una historia profunda e impactante, con actuaciones genuinas y una soberbia dirección.
½ December 7, 2017
no one going to remember what happened or who appeared early of the film.that gives us Surprise or a shock.
½ December 4, 2017
This is a messed up movie. Not only in some tough to watch scenes but the story is brutal. Its hard to describe without spoiling it but the only foreign movie i can compare it to is "oldboy". If your a fan of Villeneuves english language films you must check this out, you can see his skill of pacing and tension even in this early movie. There is a bus scene that is amazing and you will never forget it.
½ November 4, 2017
Noe av det sterkeste jeg har sett på lenge.
October 7, 2017
Puntaje Original: 8.0

October 3, 2017
Whereas many were impressed with this colorful visit to hostile lands journey, I found it manipulative and over dramatic, the 'surprise' ending so predictable, given the DRAMA beforehand as to be nearly ridiculous. Did everyone need an unwashed, poor kid to root for this outing? Blah.
September 22, 2017
Exceptional!!! Unlike anything I have ever seen. The ending left me scarred. A truly magnificent piece of filmmaking right here.
September 10, 2017
That ending. Holy shit. Great movie. Brilliant director.
September 3, 2017
Wow. I definitely did not see the plot in this film coming. Villeneuve is quickly becoming one of my favorite filmmakers of all time. He has an unbelievable way of telling his stories through film that just connects with me. Even Enemy, which I was not as enthralled with, still haunts my memory with his unique filmmaking sensibilities. I'm now caught up with this talented auteur's work, anxiously waiting for Blade Runner 2049 next month.

Incendies starts a bit slow and enigmatic, but gradually builds and builds until I couldn't wait for each succeeding scene. Stellar performances from the cast with a brilliant script at the foundation. Truly an unforgettable movie.
½ August 6, 2017
An emotionally devastating fable with an even more disconcerting conclusion. Incendies manifests the off-putting verities of realism in a melodramatic manner which inevitably makes it overlong. The movie rests on a feeble screenplay. Deficiencies apart, the terrific performances and direction make it a remarkable movie, period.
July 21, 2017
Complex, dark, intertwined
May 17, 2017
Officially a Villeneuve fanboy now
May 9, 2017
Unforgettable and HEAVY - The PG cousin to A Serbian Film
May 8, 2017
A friend recommended this movie to me a while back and I am just getting around to watching it. I'm profoundly embarrassed about my lack of knowledge of the Lebanese Civil War and find it a bit upsetting that so much international history is just ignored in our school systems. We are busy erasing so much in our own country, we don't even bother teaching the atrocities that go on around the world. While the story is unfathomable and likely complete fiction, the context in which it is told brought light to my ignorance of the origins of the last century's conflicts in the middle east and how they developed into what they are today. I feel like it's filled in gaps I didn't know to look for after I read more. While the country is unnamed in the story, the story uses the war as a backdrop to shed light on the origins of religious conflicts and the complexities.
April 15, 2017
Heavy to watch. Going across half of the world to find someone but eventually learnt that he was actually around the corner.
½ April 6, 2017
Solid, but my least favorite of Villenueve's films. The "twist" was expected and wasn't much of a surprise. The intensity didn't match his later films. It kept me intrigued, but didn't find myself trying to figure out what's going on. Brought everything together to end well, but not much left open for interpretation (ironically) like his later films.
April 1, 2017
Good direction, good plot and good marhaba