Kin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kin Reviews

½ May 21, 2019
This movie was much better than most reviewers said it would be.
May 17, 2019
Drama/sci-fi with a few big name cast members, definitely worth viewing
May 15, 2019
When's the sequal!
April 19, 2019
Great movie, hopefully there's a sequel.
April 16, 2019
Strengths: It doesn't matter what I see her in, Zoe Kravtiz (Milly) is great. She's easily the best part about this movie. It's not a character given a lot of depth, but she brings a ton to it. With someone else in the role, I think it would've been way forgettable. I thought young Myles Truitt (Elijah Solinski) did a strong job as the lead. He carried a lot of this despite his age. There's some great cinematography going on here. The film is shot in impressive fashion and looks really good. Of course, the late cameo by Michael B. Jordan (Cleaner) was a welcome surprise. He's awesome in everything.

Weaknesses: The script is kind of a mess. There is way too much going on to make this work. It's as if the filmmakers had a bunch of ideas and instead of weeding them out, forced them all into this. It makes for a sloppy movie. A lot of this plot just serves no purpose. Things happen early on in the movie that get no resolution and plot threads teeter off with no real explanation. Good actors like James Franco (Taylor Balik), Dennis Quaid (Hal Solinski), and Carrie Coon (Morgan Hunter) are all kind of wasted, while Jack Reynor (Jimmy Solinski) misses the mark as one of the main characters.

Overall: There's some solid acting and a cool concept in this movie. There also happens to be way too much going on and none of it means anything. It makes watching this kind of pointless. A big disappointment.
April 15, 2019
Highly one of the best Sci-Fi thrillers in a long time!
½ April 14, 2019
I like this movie, it falls between different and unique, wasn't sure where it was going at time. should have a better rating being different shouldn't be a crime.
March 22, 2019
Most underrated movie Iā(TM)ve ever seen on Rotten Tomatoes.
March 16, 2019
There are worse movies that won Oscars. Honestly. Is it the worst film ever? It actually isn't. But yeah, the premise should be for a series.... But I've seen series worse than this too. Oh but THIS was terrible? Really? In a world that made Battleship into a film.... How was Kin terrible? Effuppl

March 2, 2019
Horrible brother buddy movie - the brother is a criminal and turns the kid into one. No family would want their kid to see this.
½ March 1, 2019
Glad i rented this from the library....cause this movie was freaking awful. It's all over the place too much going on. The story felt like it was just tossed together. Could have been better if they would have took the time to flush out the sci-fi parts of the story better.
February 17, 2019
I guess the point of this is to be critical, but some critics are only into the artsy fartsy stuff and canā(TM)t just enjoy a good movie. It was a good movie and I would like to see a sequel.
½ February 17, 2019
Was just an "OK" movie that was a little dull in places.
February 16, 2019
Love love loved this movie. I don't see why it got such low ratings. Will watch it again for our family movie night next week.
February 9, 2019
I actually thought it was a good movie. To bad the critics killed it and there won't be a sequel. Not sure what is wrong with these critics. Just look at the audience reviews and you will see that most who saw it, liked it.
February 2, 2019
While a slow movie in general, the quality prevailed. I'm in for the sequel or more.
February 1, 2019
This is my second favorite movie. My number one favorite is Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse. But I am not here to talk about that. I am here to talk about Kin.
This movie proved to be better than Stranger Things if you ask me, which was something I never thought was possible. I simply cannot understand why people hate this movie so much. They say its because nothing is explained. So what? If there will be a sequel, everything will be explained, but all those HATERS are PREVENTING that from happening with all of their HATE. They think everything needs an explanation. Its as if they have never seen a Stanley Kubrick film. NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS AN EXPLANATION TO BE GOOD, OR IN THIS CASE, MAGNIFICENT.
99% fresh, easy.
½ January 28, 2019
A nice brotherhood film, great mixing humour with emotional which keeps us flow with the movie.
January 25, 2019
ok for a one time watch... not a movie I'd watch again.
January 15, 2019
This movie did what we always say we want movies to do, "show not tell." it didn't waste a bunch of energy being too high concept IT was a kid and his space gun, a boy becomes a man kind of story. loved it.